O’Melveny supports several organizations that share our goal of diversifying the legal profession. Our partner organizations reach a broad spectrum of diverse constituents.
- The ABA Commission on Women in the Profession—O’Melveny sponsors and participates in the Commission’s Women in Law Leadership (WILL) Academy, an event that focuses on building leadership skills to promote the retention of women in the profession.
- Lambda Legal—O’Melveny is a national sponsor of Lambda Legal, an organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people, and those living with HIV, through impact litigation, education, and public policy work.
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF)—MALDEF is the leading nonprofit Latino litigation, advocacy, and educational outreach institution in the United States, with a mission of fostering sound public policies, laws, and programs to safeguard the civil rights of Latinos living in the United States. Through our national sponsorship, O’Melveny lawyers serve as counsel in civil rights cases brought by MALDEF around the country, collaborate on MALDEF’s educational and mentoring initiatives, and serve on MALDEF’s national board of directors.
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA)—MCCA advocates for the expanded hiring, retention, and promotion of minority attorneys in corporate law departments and the law firms that serve them. O’Melveny is a proud sponsor and participant in MCCA’s annual educational conferences. Additionally, O’Melveny sponsors several of MCCA’s regional diversity awards dinners, where a number of O’Melveny clients have been recognized for their diversity-related accomplishments.
- California Minority Counsel Program (CMCP)—CMCP focuses on advancing lawyers of color in California. O’Melveny’s participation in CMCP provides our diverse attorneys with professional development options as well as opportunities to participate in networking events with California-based in-house attorneys for business development purposes.
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund (NAACP LDF)—NAACP LDF serves as America’s legal counsel on issues of race. Through advocacy and litigation, LDF focuses on education, voter protection, and economic and criminal justice. O'Melveny has worked with LDF on several major appellate cases, and has committed significant financial resources over a five-year period to support LDF’s mission of helping to fulfill the promise of equality for all Americans.
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)—NAPABA is the national association of Asian Pacific American (APA) attorneys, judges, law professors, and law students, providing a national network for its members and affiliates. O’Melveny sponsors and participates in NAPABA’s annual convention.
- National LGBT Bar Association—The LGBT Bar is an association of lawyers, judges and other legal professionals, law students, activists, and affiliate lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender legal organizations, which promotes justice in and through the legal profession for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender community. O’Melveny sponsors and participates in the LGBT Bar's annual Career Fair and Conference.