is a counsel in O’Melveny’s London office and a member of the Investment Funds Practice. Angela has a broad range of experience in private equity funds, particularly in the European and emerging markets. Angela has advised managers on a wide range of fund formation matters including the establishment of local and offshore clean energy and mid-cap buy-out funds. Angela has also acted for a broad range of investors including development finance institutions (“DFIs”), sovereign wealth funds and pension funds on matters relating to their private equity investments including negotiation of fund terms as well as the removal of managers.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Represented Turk Ventures Advisory Limited in the fundraising of its third Turkish fund, Turkish Private Equity Fund III LP, which was oversubscribed and hit its hard cap of US$840 million.
- Represented Egeria Capital Management in the fundraising of its fourth mid-cap buyout fund, Egeria Private Equity Fund IV, which achieved a first and final close in December 2012 and met its hard cap at €600 million.
- Represented ECM Equity Capital Management in the fundraising of its fourth mid-cap buyout fund, German Equity Partners IV, which was oversubscribed and achieved a first closing after just four weeks of legal negotiations, with final closing occurring two weeks after first closing.
- Represented Crescent Capital in the fundraising of one of Turkey’s first clean energy funds, the Clean Energy Transition Fund, which is anchored by a group of DFIs.
- Represented Impax Asset Management Limited in the fundraising of its second clean tech fund, Impax New Energy Investors II.
- Advised Coller Capital on the approximately £1.03 billion acquisition by a fund financed by Coller International Partners VI of a portfolio of private equity-related investments. This transaction is believed to be the largest unsyndicated secondaries deal ever completed.
- Represented the European Investment Bank, the African Development Bank and the OPEC Fund for International Development in their investment in the African Capitalisation Fund, a fund created by the International Finance Corporation.
- Represented CDC Group Plc in a number of its emerging market investments.
- Represented a long-term client in a general partner no-fault removal matter.
Angela is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and New South Wales, Australia. She is fluent in Cantonese Chinese and has reading knowledge of Mandarin Chinese.
Law Society of New South WalesLanguages,
Cantonese Chinese; reading knowledge of Mandarin Chinese