Anna M. Fabish
is a counsel in O’Melveny’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Antitrust and Competition Practice within the Litigation Department. Her practice focuses on complex antitrust litigation in both the civil and criminal areas. She has worked on numerous internal investigations and represented international clients in Europe and Asia. Anna has represented clients in the airline, aeronautics, computer, and pharmaceutical industries. Anna frequently works closely with economic experts to craft arguments and strategies that best represent her client’s interests.
Anna has also been very active in the Firm’s pro bono
practice, including work on contract disputes, immigration issues, criminal post-conviction relief, and social security and foster benefits hearings.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Represented drug manufacturer in Federal Trade Commission investigations involving alleged “reverse payment settlements.”
- Defended drug manufacturer in MDL class actions against claims brought under federal and state antitrust laws by direct and indirect purchasers alleging improper “reverse payment settlements.”
- Represented leading U.S. airline in pursuing Sherman Act Section 1 and Section 2 claims against global distribution system.
- Defended major Asian airline in criminal international price-fixing investigation and related class action civil lawsuits.
- Defended leading semiconductor manufacturer against civil plaintiffs’ lawsuits alleging price fixing and coordinated supply restraint conspiracy under California’s antitrust statutes (Cartwright Act).
- Defended aircraft engine manufacturer against civil plaintiffs alleging monopolization
- Represented various clients in connection with FTC investigations and second request proceedings.
- Represented major pharmaceutical company in MDL class action litigation involving products liability claims.
Anna is Secretary and Treasurer of the Executive Committee of the Antitrust & Unfair Business Practices Sections of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. She is fluent in German.
Admitted to Practice,
US District Court, Central District of California; US Court of Appeals, Ninth CircuitExtern,
The Honorable Arthur L. Alarcón, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth CircuitAuthor,
"Pineapples, Presidents and the Federal Courts: A Defense of the Federal Common Law of Foreign Relations and a New Framework for Its Application," 35 Sw. Univ. L. Rev. 253
“Agriculture and Antitrust: Explanations and Thoughts from Both sides of the Bar” (Los Angeles County Bar Association, March 2013)Fulbright Scholar,
Executive Committee of the Antitrust and Unfair Business Practices Sections of the LA County Bar AssociationLanguage,