The Alliance for Work-Life Progress has awarded O'Melveny its Work-Life Seal of Distinction
, a mark of excellence designed to identify employers who demonstrate leadership in workplace strategies and practices that help employees achieve success both at work and in their personal lives.
If there are no opportunities listed or no positions that match your qualifications, please check back again.
Your resume may be submitted to:
O’Melveny & Myers LLP, with approximately 800 lawyers in 16 offices worldwide, helps industry leaders across a broad array of sectors manage the complex challenges of succeeding in the global economy.
We have an immediate opening in our Jakarta office for a Finance Manager.
Indonesia – Tax Compliance - Corporate/Partnership Tax filing (Annually)
• Gather data by running queries to prepare work papers (i.e. balance sheet, trial balance, income statement, etc.)
• Compare with prior year data to document & understand substantial differences/discrepancies & make adjustments accordingly
• Work with the Director of Tax (in Los Angeles) to finalize work papers & provide data to third party vendor (PwC) for preparation of partnership tax return
• Respond & clarify questions from PwC & review final tax return along with Director of Tax to assure proper reporting; suggest any changes per Indonesia accounting standards/rules as required
• Coordination with third party vendor & PTOMM’s Director for final signatures and filings
• Review assessments/notices received from Department of Tax in regards to our tax filings with third party vendor
• Proactively advise Tax Department of any changes that might impact VAT/partnership filings in Indonesia
VAT and Withholding Tax Return Filings (Quarterly)
• Gather data from Billing Coordinators & expenses reports from GL to compare, validate and prepare work papers for VAT and withholding returns
• Review quarterly billing & expense statements to make sure the billed amount matches up with Indonesia billings for the given quarter
• Follow up on payment/refund due to/from the VAT department
• Respond to any VAT assessments/queries/audit from the tax department
Individual Income Tax Compliance
• Review monthly tax withholding from employees paid from PTOMM and remitting appropriate withholding to government agencies
• Providing employees with their annual tax withholding data from PTOMM for their personal income tax filing
• Provide support for tax filing requirements, threshold & deadlines to individuals/attorneys transferring in/out of Indonesia
• Provide support between PwC & attorneys by coordinating wages information from partner payroll or non-partner payroll group (Los Angeles office)
• Keep record of attorneys visiting the Indonesia office for business for compliance purposes
• Provide monthly and annual data for payroll process
• Manage Accounts Payable and Billing coordination
• Coordinate client billing process for assigned clients
• Review and maintain billing memos
• Prepare billing memos and instruction sheet
• Prepare invoices to be reviewed by the Billing Partner
• Prepare and assemble bills and attachments and send out invoices electronically
• Be a point person to follow up on Indonesian billing and collections
Requirements include a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Big 4-type company or experience working in a multinational environment. Must be able to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with the Los Angeles office. Must be well versed in Bahasa and English (the Firm is required to maintain our books in both languages). Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field is required.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information, or to be considered for this position, please email your resume to ilestari@com. Response will be given to candidates who closely meet our qualifications. EOE M/F/D/V. No phone inquiries, please.
All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications consistent with applicable state and federal laws without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religious belief, national origin, marital status, veteran status, medical condition and mental or physical disability. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all. Absent exceptional or extraordinary circumstances, however, the firm will not hire relatives of persons currently employed by the firm or working for an agency utilized by the firm (e.g. immediate family, cousins, nephews, nieces, aunts, uncles, grandchildren and in-laws).