Christopher A. Adams
is an associate in O'Melveny's Los Angeles office and a member of the Labor and Employment Practice. He is involved in the Firm's representation of a range of employment and labor matters, including wage-and-hour disputes, workplace injuries and safety violations, independent contractor classification, non-compete agreements, employee discipline and termination, internal investigations, and ERISA litigation.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Defended confection manufacturer in class action alleging misclassification of field sales representatives as exempt from overtime under federal and California wage and hour law
- Defended major financial institution against class action suit alleging the breach of fiduciary duties under ERISA
- Counseled major ground package delivery service company regarding the legal test for independent contractor status in all 50 states across several areas of law, including workers' compensation, unemployment insurance, wage and hour, and tax
- Conducted an internal investigation of a national managed care organization concerning alleged violations of healthcare law by interviewing top-level company officials in locations across the United States
- Defended manufacturer against lawsuit involving an on-the-job injury by negotiating a favorable settlement.
Honorable Charles R. Breyer, US District Court, Northern District of CaliforniaAuthor,
"An Employer Guide to Navigating the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act," Bloomberg Law Reports, Labor & Employment
(May 24, 2010, co-authored with Michael McGuinness); "Evolution and Application of the Faithless Servant Doctrine," Bloomberg Law Reports
(March 15, 2010; co-authored with Scott Dunham); “Occupational Safety & Health Law,” BNA (2nd Edition, 2008 Supplement)Languages,