Dev R. Sen
Dev R. Sen
is a partner in O’Melveny’s New York office and a member of the Project Development and Real Estate Practice. He works primarily in the areas of US and international project finance transactions, investment fund and private equity matters, and US and international capital markets matters.
Mr. Sen has represented project lenders as well as project sponsors and project companies in all aspects of project financing transactions.
Mr. Sen has been the lead lawyer on numerous onshore and offshore securities offerings by US and international issuers. He has acted on behalf of issuers, underwriters, initial purchasers and private placement investors with respect to various types of securities and has advised them on numerous securities law issues.
Mr. Sen has substantial experience in private equity, investment fund and investment management matters.
Mr. Sen has also had principal roles in various banking matters, including secured and unsecured loan transactions. He has advised on international joint ventures, mezzanine financing transactions and general corporate matters.
Mr. Sen was ranked as one of the 10 "Most Highly Rated Project Finance Lawyers" by Project Finance
magazine. He has been recognized by Euromoney’s Experts Guide
(2004, 2008, 2009 and 2011) and IFLR 1000
(2008) as a leader in Project Finance.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- AIG Investments on various matters
- Royal Bank of Scotland, as lead arranger and lender, in a more than US$800 million (insurance wrapped) secured project financing of a coal-fired power plant in the US
- National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, as lead lender and administrative agent, in various syndicated (secured and unsecured) financings, mounting to several billion dollars, for cooperative electric generation and transmission companies
- Noble Environmental Power, a wind energy company, on various matters
- A major private investment trust with over US$20 billion in assets in all of its private equity and other investment transactions
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation on various private equity matters
- Lloyds Banking Group on various private equity matters
- Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited, in connection with various US capital markets and bank financings of the expansion of its gas processing facilities in Trinidad and Tobago and other financings by Phoenix Park
- The lead arranger of a bond offering by the Government of Barbados
- Autopista Central, a Chilean project company, in connection with its US and Chilean capital markets offering (with the benefit of insurance company guaranty) to finance the construction of its toll road in Santiago, Chile
- International counsel to the lenders in a major iron ore handling port facility project financing in Brazil
- The lenders in connection with Marlim’s US capital markets non-recourse debt financing of the expansion of a deep-water oil field in the Campos Basin, Brazil
- The Blackstone Group as lender, administrative agent and senior equity investor in connection with a US$500 million joint venture with USS Products Carriers, a wholly owned subsidiary of US Shipping Partners L.P., to provide debt and equity financing for the construction of five deep-water petroleum tankers qualified for the US coastwise trade
- Poten & Partners in connection with its joint venture withHess LNG for the proposed construction of a liquified natural gas terminal in the Northeast US
- The US lenders in connection with a simultaneous US and Australian financing of the Spencer Street Railway Station Redevelopment Project in Melbourne, Australia
- The lenders to Seminole Electric Cooperative in connection with an innovative financing
- On-going representation of BNP Paribas in connection with the Quezon Power Plant project financing in the Philippines
- The lenders to Transwestern Pipeline Company in connection with (i) the dual holding company and operating company acquisition financing of the CrossCountry Pipeline system out of Enron Corp.’s bankruptcy proceedings (this transaction was one of the largest US private placement financings), and (ii) subsequent private placement debt financings by TWP
- The lenders to Portland Natural Gas Transmission System in connection with a financing of its natural gas pipeline
- The lenders to Iroquois Gas Transmission System in connection with multiple financings of its natural gas pipeline
- The lenders to Michigan Electric Transmission Company in connection with a dual holding company and operating company financing of its electric transmission line system
- The lenders to Gas Transmission Northwest Corporation in connection with GTNC's debt financing
- Hermiston Generating Company, a merchant power plant company, in connection with its equity and debt financings
- Various project and corporate financings in India
Mr. Sen has also advised Petrozuata and Sincor, two Venezuelan heavy oil projects, in connection with their groundbreaking international debt financings. Mr. Sen has also advised the Goldman Sachs Group in connection with its equity and debt initial public offerings and various other matters.
Asian American Bar Association of New York