is a counsel in O’Melveny’s Century City office, and a member of the Business Trial and Litigation Practice. Drew has experience litigating and trying complex antitrust, commercial, entertainment, and intellectual property cases for a broad range of clients, both large and small.
His recent professional accomplishments include the following:
- Defended national real estate developer in a 12 month trial involving partnership dispute over development of The Bridges residential community in Rancho Santa Fe, California.
- Second-chaired prosecution of arbitration involving claims by network television studio over participation rights to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation series.
- Second-chaired prosecution of malicious prosecution suit by major record label and its founder against the label’s former songwriters and producers.
- Defended Fox Family network against series of lawsuits by former music composer, resulting in published decision affirming that work-for-hire employees have no standing to sue for infringement as beneficial copyright owners, and an order declaring plaintiff a vexatious litigant.
- Represented and counseled leading oil and gas company in a variety of tax-related and commercial litigation matters.
- Defended prominent law firm against legal malpractice claims arising from dispute over Call of Duty home video game series.
- Defended distributor of The Lord of the Rings motion pictures against accounting and breach of contract claims involving right holder’s alleged adjusted gross receipts participation.
- Second-chaired prosecution of 4-week trial involving opposing counsels’ unethical possession and retention of copies of privileged litigation files.
- Defended motion picture studios in class action lawsuit involving claims concerning the labeling of DVD “bonus features” as closed captioned.
- Obtained amnesty for Mexican national in Ninth Circuit pro bono case.
- Represented home video distributor in dispute over licensing rights to the Thomas & Friends children’s series.
- Represented satellite communications company in copyright and trade secret lawsuit filed against a competitor responsible for creating an infringing "knock-off" communications system.
- Defended leading global media and technology company in a series of antitrust lawsuits seeking billions of dollars in damages.
- Prosecuted complaint and obtained injunction against the Napster MP3 “file- sharing” website on behalf of 18 record label plaintiffs in a landmark copyright infringement action.
- Represented motion picture studios in copyright infringement suit against the Morpheus, Music City, Grokster, and Kazaa MP3 “file-sharing” networks.
- Defended major bookstore chain in antitrust lawsuit brought involving unfair pricing claims and, after two weeks of trial, achieved settlement in what was labeled by the national press as a "complete surrender" by plaintiffs.
Beverly Hills Bar Association; Century City Bar Association; Los Angeles County Bar Association