is an associate in O’Melveny’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Class Actions, Mass Torts, and Insurance Litigation group. Esteban represents companies and individuals in a variety of adversarial matters.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Representing Amylin Pharmaceuticals in nationwide product liability litigation over the diabetes drug Byetta®.
- Represented a leading food company in class actions challenging the marketing and sale of probiotic yogurt based on alleged violations of the California Consumers Legal Remedies Act, Unfair Competition Law, and other unfair and deceptive acts and practices statutes in various states.
- Represented a leading maker of fitness shoes in a nationwide class action involving alleged violations of the California Consumers Legal Remedies Act, Unfair Competition Law, and other consumer fraud claims.
- Represented a beverage company in several purported class actions pending in California state courts alleging violations of California’s Unfair Competition, False Advertising, and Consumers Legal Remedies statutes, as well as the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65).
- Represented a former CFO of a public company in a civil lawsuit brought by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission alleging purported violations of several securities laws.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a nonprofit organization to determine whether a former employee violated federal wire fraud and embezzlement laws.
Esteban also commits a significant portion of his practice to representing pro bono clients with immigration-related matters and foster benefits matters. In addition, Esteban is active in the firm’s Trial Advocacy Prosecution Program. He recently conducted a trial and secured a guilty verdict and argued before the Appellate Division of the Los Angeles Superior Court on behalf of the City of Redondo Beach. Esteban also assists with mentoring and community outreach efforts in middle schools and high schools in the Los Angeles Area.
“Class Action Settlements,” Product Liability Litigation: Current Law, Strategies and Best Practices
(co-authored with Richard B. Goetz and Carlos M. Lazatin) (Practicing Law Institute 2013)Admitted to Practice,
US District Court, Central District of California; US Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit; US Court of Appeals, Ninth CircuitLanguages,