is a counsel in O'Melveny's Century City office and a member of the Business Trial and Litigation Practice and the Entertainment, Sports and Media Litigation Practice.
Jason focuses primarily on complex litigation. He was part of a team that obtained a dramatic dismissal of a lawsuit on behalf of our client, a national home developer, on the eve of trial based on admissions by the plaintiff secured in a final deposition session. Jason's experience includes extensive motion practice, appellate drafting, oral argument, discovery, and pretrial investigation.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Represents a major entertainment and media conglomerate in a complex intellectual property and contract action
- Represented a national home development company in a dismissal of a dispute before the San Diego Superior Court involving a claimed partnership interest in a significant homesite planned community development in southern California
- Represented a national home development company before the San Diego Superior Court involving claims of mismanagement, breach of fiduciary duties, and waste concerning a significant homesite planned community development in Southern California
- Represented a 19-year-old Salvadoran girl and 16-year old Salvadoran boy facing deportation—brother and sister—in an appeal before the US Department of Justice Executive Office for Immigration Review
- Represented a 14-year-old Salvadoran boy facing deportation, whose parents legally resided in the US, in a big win before the Board of Immigration Appeals
- Represented a foster caregiver before the California Statement Department of Social Services in successfully obtaining retroactive foster care benefits and a special care rate
- Involved in the research and drafting of the report to the National War Powers Commission co-chaired by O'Melveny Senior Partner Warren Christopher and fellow former Secretary of State James A. Baker, Ill
Admitted to Practice,
US District Court, Central District CaliforniaRecipient,
O'Melveny Exemplary Pro Bono
Citizenship Award (2008)Extern,
The Honorable Dean D. Pregerson, US District Court, Central District California Member,
American Bar Association