is an associate in O'Melveny's Los Angeles office and a member of the Litigation Department. Kate represents clients on a variety of matters, including business disputes, consumer protection defense, and class action defense.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Kate spent several years in New Orleans teaching high school English in the public school system. And, while at the University of Michigan Law School, Kate spent nearly two years litigating Section 1983 claims on behalf of inmates incarcerated in the Michigan Department of Corrections.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Representing a petroleum company in ongoing litigation with the federal and state governments related to resource damages
- Representing a retail grocery chain in various actions involving consumer protection claims, including Proposition 65 claims
- Representing, pro bono, a non-profit corporation in dispute with an affiliated, international entity
- Representing a pro bono client on Federal Death row
- Represented a leading restaurateur in a partnership dispute
- Represented large insurer in contested bankruptcy reorganization
Admitted to Practice,
US District Court, Central District of California; US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit