is an associate in O'Melveny's Washington, DC office and a member of the White Collar Defense and Corporate Investigations Practice. Lauren’s practice focuses on complex criminal and civil litigation in federal and state courts as well as internal investigations, including FCPA investigations.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Conducting an internal investigation on behalf of a Fortune 500 company's audit committee to assess the compliance of its China-based subsidiary with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Represents a major mortgage-servicing company in connection with an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission into the adequacy of disclosures in offering memorandum for residential mortgage-backed security.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a major financial institution into whistleblower allegations concerning company’s compliance with federal mortgage servicing regulations.
- Represented an international airline in various matters, including a federal criminal investigation involving alleged false statements; conducted internal investigation into compliance with Department of Transportation regulations.
- Represents mortgage servicers before the Department of Justice in qui tam action under the False Claims Act.
- Represents a major health care company in complex ERISA class-action litigation.
- Represented a pro bono client in immigration court proceedings.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Lauren was a trial attorney with the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. In that capacity, she worked on competition-related investigations and litigation in the media and credit card industries. Lauren also worked at an economic consulting firm, supporting economic experts in commercial litigation and regulatory proceedings.
Admitted to Practice,
U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
Honorable Richard J. Leon, U.S. District Court, District of Columbia Member,
Asian Pacific American Bar Association Co-Author,
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, O’Melveny & Myers Handbook, Seventh Edition (in progress)