is a counsel in O’Melveny’s Los Angeles office and a member of the White Collar Defense and Corporate Investigations Practice. Louise’s practice focuses on regulatory compliance counseling and internal investigations, as well as intellectual property and securities fraud. She has particular experience in complex eDiscovery, and is also a member of O’Melveny’s Electronic Discovery and Document Retention Practice.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a Fortune 500 gaming and entertainment company’s audit committee to assess compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in China and Macau.
- Represents one of the nation’s largest food companies in intellectual property matters including trademark infringement, and false advertising consumer class actions.
- Defended the General Counsel of a multi-billion dollar technology company in SEC and DOJ investigations into alleged stock option backdating, and derivative securities litigation.
- Counsels and prepares clients for testimony before the SEC, DOJ and various other regulators.
- Represented AMD in worldwide monopolization lawsuit against Intel and related regulator investigations, leading to a $1.25 billion settlement.
- Counseled a leading health insurance provider in connection with alleged violations of the anti-kickback statute and False Claims Act.
- Represented a major financial services company in its prosecution of a suit to recover $800 million in lost profits as a result of being defrauded in a major corporate transaction.
- Represented a major insurance company in an action brought by the California Insurance Commissioner regarding broker compensation disclosures.
- Represented a pro bono client, trying his excessive force claims before a jury in federal court.
Honorable Nora M. Manella, U.S. District Court, Central District of CaliforniaAdmitted to Practice,
US District Court, Central District of California