Camahort to Speak at PLI's "Mergers & Acquisitions"
January 22, 2008
O'Melveny partner Steve Camahort will be speaking at PLI's "Mergers & Acquisitions/Contests for Corporate Control 2008," to be held January 22 - 23 at the PLI New York Center. The environment for mergers and acquisitions has been jolted by a sudden tightening of credit. While not business as usual, private equity firms, hedge funds, and strategic acquirers are surveying the landscape for opportunities. This program will cover each step in structuring, negotiating, and closing a transaction, with an emphasis on the latest trends. Camahort will address "Disclosure Matters and Other SEC Considerations." Topics include
- When must disclosure be made prior to signing a definitive agreement?
- Public filing of post-announcement shareholder communication materials
- A review of the impact on a transaction of the Form 8-K rules
- Registration issues when securities are the consideration
- Sarbanes-Oxley related issues