LA Legal Service Center Coordinator
is the Legal Service Center Coordinator for O’Melveny’s West Coast offices and a staff attorney in the Century City office. Her responsibilities include coordinating all contract attorney hiring for O’Melveny’s five California offices and managing eDiscovery projects. As a staff attorney, Nicole focuses on complex litigation, designing document reviews that utilize the latest review and search methodologies and implementing defensible, effective, and cost-contained document review programs for clients. She also counsels on budgeting, vendor selection, project management, review protocols, training, quality control techniques, and privilege matters.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in nationwide product liability litigation over diabetes drug
- Representing corporations and individuals with internal investigations in advance of federal and state inquiries, including an internal investigation on behalf of a Fortune 500 company's audit committee to assess the compliance of its China-based subsidiary with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Representing one of the nation's oldest and largest food companies in multiple consumer class actions
- Defending a designer and distributer of toning footwear in nationwide litigation in state and federal courts involving individual and class-based claims for alleged unfair competition, false advertising, and personal injuries
- Representing clients in merger-and-acquisition transactions, many involving FTC requests
- Serving as defense counsel to the maker of a popular line of fashion dolls, related toys, and accessories in breach of contract, trademark, copyright and trade secret disputes
- Serving as defense counsel in multiple cases involving stock options and a variety of shareholder class actions and derivative lawsuits in federal and state court
Prior to joining O'Melveny, Nicole worked as a staff attorney in the Los Angeles office of a major law firm where she focused on complex civil litigation, principally toxic torts and product liability. Her experience includes a high-profile trial where the unanimous jury verdict is recognized as one of the top defense verdicts of 2004.
, Los Angeles County Bar Association; Beverly Hills Bar Association; Century City Bar Association; Women in eDiscovery, Los Angeles Chapter Certified
, Kroll Ontrack Advanced eDiscovery Certification Course Language