Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Amy Siegel, Co-Head of O'Melveny's Entertainment, Sports and Media Industry Group, represents motion picture studios, television networks, distribution and production companies, sports organizations and other media clients in all business and legal aspects relating to the acquisition, financing, exploitation and management of media-related assets. Amy focuses her practice primarily on complex commercial licensing arrangements, with expertise in the use of intellectual property rights in connection with traditional and digital means of exploitation, theme parks and other location based entertainment venues, as well as sports and other live events. She also has broad experience advising US and international clients on the creation of strategic alliances, project financing and distribution, and industry-specific mergers and acquisitions.
Amy serves on the Diversity Committee in the Century City office. She also devotes significant time to a dynamic pro bono practice.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Chambers USA in Media & Entertainment: Transactional (2021-2022)
- Selected by the Daily Journal as a Top Woman Lawyer (2022)
- Named to The Hollywood Reporter’s “Power Lawyers” list (2020, 2022)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 US in Sport and Media & Entertainment: Transactional (2020-2022)
- Named a Variety “Dealmaker” (2016, 2018-2022)
- Selected for inclusion in Variety’s Legal Impact Report (2018, 2020-2022)
- Selected by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of its “Most Influential Women Lawyers” (2018)
- Featured in Variety’s “Power of Women L.A. Impact Report” (2016)
- Featured in “Leadership, Partnership, and Women in the Law: How This Firm Got it Right,” Ms. JD (2015)
- Named an “Up Next Dealmaker” by Variety (2014)
- Named a “Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star” (2012)
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, J.D./M.B.A.: cum laude; Sayre Macneil Scholar; Order of the Coif; Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review; St. Thomas More Law Honor Society
- Emory University, B.B.A., Business: Valedictorian Graduate with Highest Distinction; Beta Gamma Sigma; National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Honorable Rita Miller, Los Angeles Superior Court
- Advisory Board of the Ziffren Institute for Media, Entertainment, Technology and Sports Law at UCLA Law School
- Board of Directors of the Dance Resource Center, Los Angeles
- Female Executives in Media and Entertainment (FEME)
- Themed Entertainment Association (TEA)
- “Developments in the Law: Federal Jurisdiction and Forum Selection: Developments in Diversity Jurisdiction,” Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review (2004)
- Panelist, “View from the Top: TV & Entertainment Industry Deal-Makers Roundtable,” Future of Television Conference (September 2019)