is the managing partner of O’Melveny’s Shanghai office and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. Qiang has been practicing in Hong Kong and Shanghai since 1997. His practice covers mergers and acquisitions, private equity investment and corporate finance. He advises multinational and Chinese corporate and fund clients on their cross-border M&A and direct investment projects.
Qiang Li has been nominated as a leading lawyer in the 2013/14 Edition of the IFLR1000
. He is also recommended by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific
for his “high-calibre legal service” and “business experience”.
Qiang's recent experience includes advising:
- A major Chinese Investment firm affiliated to Shanghai municipal government in its US$400 million Series F financing for Mobileye N.V.
- A leading Chinese airline company in its RMB2.5 billion dim sum bond issuance
- A US Fortune100 company in the acquisition of a Singapore-based multinational company
- A US Fortune100 company in its strategic alliances with a number of major state-owned Chinese company
- A major US chemical company in its acquisition of a Taiwan chemical company
- A major US private equity fund in its purchase and financing of a block of high-end residential apartments in Macao
- A European real estate investment fund in the acquisition, financing and re-financing of a series of real estate projects in various parts of China
- A major US multinational company with a household name in a series of purchases and dispositions of China-based business assets
- A major European bank in its lease financing of a major recreational facility in Beijing
- A multilateral organization in its acquisition of a stake in a major Chinese bank
- A formerly state-owned Chinese company controlled by its management on its initial public offering of shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- A leading US beer manufacturer on its strategic alliance with a leading Chinese beer manufacturer listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
Founding board member of Aviation Law Society of Shanghai Law Society Publications,
“Demystifying the United States: Starting With the Role of Law” (co-authored with Jonathan Sallet, Partner of Washington D.C. office), Financial Asia
, October 26, 2012; “Country Guidelines for Navigating Offshore Legal Risks Facing PRC Enterprises (USA)” (Chief editor); “Assessing the State of M&A in China” (co-author) in Inside the Minds: Best Practices for International Business Transactions in China, 2011 edition
, published by Aspatore; “The New M&A Code and the New Takeover Rules: Impact on Future M&A Transactions”, China Law Update
, CCH (2007); “Dispute Resolution” (co-author), China Investment Manual, Volume I Languages,
Mandarin Chinese; Shanghainese; English