Qingjian Wang is an associate in O’Melveny’s Singapore and Shanghai offices and a member of the Transactions Department. His practice focuses on capital markets, investment funds, venture capital financing and mergers and acquisitions.
Qingjian has extensive experience advising on the formation of offshore funds, including advising major institutional investors and sovereign wealth funds in connection with their investments into private equity funds. He has also advised on a number of public offerings in the United States, Hong Kong, Singapore and Indonesia. Qingjian also regularly counsels multinationals on general corporate matters relating to their operations in China.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Represented PT Wismilak Inti Makmur Tbk, an Indonesian cigarette manufacturer, as international counsel in connection with its US$43 million initial public offering and listing of 630 million shares on the Indonesia Stock Exchange. The offering also included a share placement to international investors under Regulation S. Mandiri Sekuritas and OSK Nusadana Securities served as underwriters for the offering.
- Represented PT Kobexindo Tractors Tbk., a heavy equipment company in Indonesia, as international legal counsel, in connection with its initial public offering on the Indonesia Stock Exchange and international share placement under Regulation S. Lautandhana Securindo, Mandiri Sekuritas, and Valbury Asia Securities acted as underwriters for the offering.
- Represented PT Greenwood Sejahtera, as international counsel, in connection with its initial public offering and listing on the Indonesian Stock Exchange and placement under Regulation S. Greenwood Sejahtera is an integrated property company based in Jakarta.
- Represented Clearwater Capital Partners as purchasers and their advisor Deutsche Bank in connection with the purchase of RMB300 million principal amount of USD-settled 10.00% senior notes due 2014 issued by LDK Solar Co., Ltd.
- Represented a Asia-based fund in connection with the establishment of its first private equity fund focusing on investments in China.
- Represented DBS Bank Ltd. and The Royal Bank of Scotland, as international counsel, in connection with the US$96 million initial public offering of XinRen Aluminum Holdings Limited (SP: XAH), a leading producer of primary aluminum in the People’s Republic of China (PRC), on the mainboard of the Singapore Stock Exchange. XinRen is principally engaged in the smelting and sale of primary aluminum in the form of ingots and plates.
- Represented China Kanghui Holdings (NYSE: KH), a leading provider of orthopedic implants in China, in connection with its US$78.7 million initial public offering of American depositary shares (ADSs) on the New York Stock Exchange. Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc, Piper Jaffray, Cowen and Company, LLC and Canaccord Genuity Inc. acted as underwriters for the offering.
- Represented The Shipping Corporation of India in connection with the further public offering under Rule 144A and Regulation S of US$260 million of equity shares. SBI Capital, IDFC Capital and ICICI Securities acted as underwriters of the offering.
- Represented UBS, Goldman Sachs, BNP Paribas and KGI Capital Asia in connection with the US$1.05 billion global offering of Want Want China Holdings Limited (HKSE: 0151) and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented 7 Days Group Holdings Limited in connection with its issuance of a total of US$80 million high-yield notes and warrants to initial purchasers affiliated with Merrill Lynch and Deutsche Bank.
- Represented Goldman Sachs in connection with two acquisitions of high-end office buildings in Shanghai and Beijing, respectively.
- Represented Piper Jaffray in connection with the public offering of a PRC auto parts manufacturing company in the U.S.
- Represented a PRC company in its initial public offering on London AIM.
- Represented Honeywell in connection with acquisition of a PRC bulb manufacturer.
- Represented IDG in connection with a series of acquisitions in the PRC, including a drug manufacturing company in Jiangsu Province and a high-tech company in Shanghai.
- Represented Penske in connection with establishing their subsidiaries in the PRC and entry strategy.
- Represented two PRC companies in connection with their proposed initial public offerings on Hong Kong Exchange.
Admitted, New York
Languages, Mandarin Chinese; English
Co-author, “Overseas IPO Strategies for Global Japanese Companies - Singapore,” Business Homu (a leading Japanese legal publication), July 2012