Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Ike Chidi counsels clients on commercial lending matters, primarily in the private equity sector. He represents lending institutions, private equity firms, and both public and private companies in structuring and negotiating financing transactions. Ike routinely advises on leveraged buyouts, syndicated secured credit facilities; asset-based lending; recapitalizations; and venture capital investments.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Ike was a Partner at a global law firm, serving on its Corporate Financing team and Private Equity industry group.
Honors & Awards
- Named a “Key Lawyer” for Finance: Commercial Lending, The Legal 500 US (2021)
- University of Arizona, J.D.
- Stanford University, B.A., Political Science
- Represented investors in connection with a $470 million secured first-lien credit facilities and a $130 million secured second-lien term loan facility for the acquisition of an iconic American brewing company
- Represented a leading retail provider of furniture and home décor solutions, in connection with a $235 million revolving credit and term loan facility and a $110 million private placement of pari passu notes
- Represented a for-profit hospital system in connection with a $700 million senior secured credit facility
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with a $175 million term loan facility and a $15 million revolving loan facility for the acquisition financing of a distributor of custom-made area rugs
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with a $66 million term loan facility for the acquisition financing of an affiliated group of companies operating specialty restaurants in international airports through the United States
- Represented a private equity fund and its craft brewery portfolio companies, in connection with a $250 million credit facility
- Represented a private credit fund in connection with a $70 million senior secured credit facility provided to a healthcare management services company
- Represented a private credit fund in connection with a $125 million senior secured credit facility provided to a sponsor-backed plastics manufacturer
- Represented a mezzanine loan fund in connection with a $13 million subordinated credit facility provided to a sponsor-backed domestic supply chain management and logistic services company