Jason I. Kaplan
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
As Co-Chair of O’Melveny’s Aviation Group, Jason Kaplan focuses on all aspects of aviation and equipment finance, including representation of domestic and foreign airlines, aircraft and engine leasing companies, trustees, banks, and private equity investors.
Jason negotiates and drafts complex agreements for the transfer, leasing, use, and financing of aircraft and other transportation equipment, and has experience in a range structured equipment financings, including enhanced equipment trust certificates and secured notes issuances, securitizations, syndicated credit facilities, second lien facilities, asset backed securitizations, warehouse facilities, and sale/leasebacks and restructurings.
Before joining O’Melveny, Jason was a member of the Corporate and Equipment Finance Groups at a leading international law firm.
Honors & Awards
- Recommended by Legal500 in Aviation Finance (2019)
- Named a “Rising Star” by the AirFinance Journal
- Named a “Rising Star” by Expert Guides
- New York
- Pace University, J.D., 2007
- Pace University, M.B.A., 2004
- Pace University, B.A., 2004
- Represented DekaBank, Deutsche Girozentrale Standard Chartered Bank and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. in connection with a US$620.9 million senior loan financing for Delta Air Lines Inc.
- Represented the facility agent, structuring agent and joint lead arranger in connection with a US$300 million aircraft warehouse facility for a new joint venture leasing vehicle established by Elliot Management and SkyWorks Leasing, an aircraft management services company
- Represented Air Lease Corporation in connection with a US$555 million asset-backed securitization (ABS) that launched Air Lease’s Thunderbolt II platform
- Represented Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. as trustee in connection with asset backed securitizations for a variety of leading aircraft lessors.
- Represented UMB Bank, N.A. as trustee in connection with asset backed securitizations for a variety of leading aircraft lessors.
- Represented aircraft lessor Air Lease Corporation in connection with a US$344.7 million offering that launched ALC’s Thunderbolt platform
- Represented aircraft lessor Blackbird Capital I in an US$800 million aircraft lease ABS securitization, the proceeds of which will be used by Blackbird to acquire a portfolio of 19 aircraft