Senior Legal Consultant
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Lining Shan is a senior legal consultant with extensive experience in competition and antitrust law, trade remedies, anti-corruption, and other regulatory and compliance matters. She also has experience in the area of WTO disputes settlement.
Lining has conducted and participated in multiple China-related Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations, special investigations related to security allegations, and related due diligence. Lining frequently assists clients with development and implementation of compliance policies tailored for China. Lining has also assisted a dozen foreign and Chinese clients in antitrust filings in China before MOFCOM in the course of M&A, and in responding to anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigations. Lining also assisted the Government of China in WTO disputes settlement proceedings.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Lining worked as an associate in a leading Chinese domestic law firm. She also passed China’s national judicial examination and was admitted to the Chinese bar in 2009.
- Mandarin Chinese
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by The Legal 500 as a Rising Star for Antitrust and Competition: Foreign Firms (China) (2023)
- University of International Business, LL.M
- University of International Business, M.A. English Language and Literature
- University of International Business, Bachelor of Economics
- Passed Chinese Bar Exam
- Represented a leading global media company in a cross border merger with a China-based media company in a comprehensive FCPA-related due diligence
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in an FCPA-related compliance audit project and an internal investigation project
- Represented a leading US beverage company in an FCPA-related international investigation project
- Represented a US electronics manufacturer in an FCPA-related internal investigation project
- Advised a leading global gaming company in a comprehensive FCPA-related investigation
- Advised a Beijing-based agriculture business company in its securities lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Central District of California and its shareholder derivative lawsuit pending in the Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware