Bradley J. Butwin
Times Square Tower
7 Times Square
New York, NY, 10036
Arthur B. Culvahouse Jr.
1625 Eye Street, NW
Washington, DC, 20006
400 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA, 90071
Warren T. Lazarow
2765 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA, 94025
M. Randall Oppenheimer
1999 Avenue of the Stars, 7th Floor
Los Angeles, CA, 90067
ACE Insurance Group
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)
Alaska Airlines, Inc.
American Airlines Group
American Honda Corp.
Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Capital One Financial Corp.
Ford Motor Company
General Mills, Inc.
Home Box Office
Johnson & Johnson
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Marriott International, Inc.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Toyota Motor Sales
The Walt Disney Company
For 128 years, O’Melveny has built its reputation practicing on the cutting edge of American law. Our exceptional group of lawyers are at the core of our global platform operating across three continents. Whether appearing before the Supreme Court of the United States, litigating a high-stakes case for a Wall Street bank, representing a major Hollywood studio in a complex slate financing, or negotiating the restructuring of a multibillion-dollar enterprise, O’Melveny has the depth and breadth of experience to give its clients a competitive edge.
Since formation in 1885 of our partnership in Los Angeles, our West Coast presence has grown to five offices in Los Angeles, Century City, Newport Beach, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley—one of the strongest law firm presences in America's largest economy and leading technology state. On the Eastern seaboard, our Washington, DC and New York offices operate in the political, financial, and regulatory capitals of the US, assisting clients with major transactions, litigation, investigations, and public policy issues.
Our partner ranks feature many lawyers from both major political parties who have served at senior government levels and can provide invaluable insights into political trends, policymaking agendas, and regulatory pitfalls. The many public-service roles previously held by our lawyers include: US Secretary of Transportation; White House Counsel; Deputy Secretary, US Department of Commerce; Director, US Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Competition; Acting Solicitor General and Deputy Assistant Attorney General, US Justice Department; Deputy Director, US Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Corporation Finance; and Solicitor of Labor, US Department of Labor.
- Our achievements have been continually recognized by The American Lawyer in its "Litigation Department of the Year" contest. In addition to winning the highly coveted award in 2004, O'Melveny received honorable mention or was chosen among the finalists in 2002, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2014, making us one of only two law firms that have been named a winner, finalist, or honorable mention each year the competition has been held.
- In 2013, O’Melveny earned its highest ranking ever on The American Lawyer's A-List, finishing fourth among the 20 most “well-rounded” law firms in the combined areas of financial performance, pro bono, diversity, and associate satisfaction.
- O'Melveny was ranked among the most innovative US law firms, according to the Financial Times.
- Our practices and lawyers are consistently recognized in the prestigious Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide. In the 2013 edition, 66 O'Melveny lawyers and 31 practice areas were recognized.
- In the 2013 edition of The Legal 500: United States, O’Melveny is ranked in 26 practice areas and 73 O’Melveny lawyers are recognized, with 10 named “Leading Lawyers.”
O’Melveny consistently ranks in the top 10 in the United States league table rankings published by Bloomberg, Mergerstat, Mergermarket, and Thomson Reuters.
For five consecutive years, Corporate Board Member Magazine, a leading publication for senior officers and directors of publicly traded corporations, large private companies, and Global 1000 firms, rated O’Melveny one of the best corporate law firms in the country. O’Melveny was also recognized as one of top three corporate firms in Greater Los Angeles.
For three years running, The National Law Journal has included O’Melveny on the Appellate Hot List, in recognition of our success handling "some of the most important cases on the high court’s docket."
Daily Journal recognizes three O'Melveny partners as "Top 100 Women Litigators in California” for 2013.
Five O'Melveny lawyers were named among the Most Influential Entertainment Lawyers in the Nation by The Hollywood Reporter in 2013.
O’Melveny was described as “the ‘go-to’ law firm for financial services companies” by American Lawyer Media.
O'Melveny was chosen as one of the nation's top pro bono law firms for the fourth straight year by Law360.
Bristol Bay Productions
Port of Oakland
Southern California Edison