Bradley J. Butwin
Times Square Tower
7 Times Square
New York, NY, 10036
Arthur B. Culvahouse Jr.
1625 Eye Street, NW
Washington, DC, 20006
400 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA, 90071
Warren T. Lazarow
2765 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA, 94025
M. Randall Oppenheimer
1999 Avenue of the Stars, 7th Floor
Los Angeles, CA, 90067
Ford Motor Company
General Mills, Inc.
Goldman, Sachs & Co.
Johnson & Johnson
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
The Walt Disney Company
Toyota Motor Credit Corp.
For nearly 130 years, O’Melveny has built its reputation practicing on the cutting edge of American law. Whether appearing before the Supreme Court of the United States, litigating a high-stakes case for a Wall Street bank, representing a major Hollywood studio in a complex slate financing, or negotiating the restructuring of a multibillion-dollar enterprise, O’Melveny has the depth and breadth of experience to give its clients a competitive edge.
From our birthplace in Los Angeles, we have grown to five locations in California, providing clients with critical nexus to one of the world’s key economic, technological, and cultural centers. On the Eastern seaboard, our Washington, DC office operates in the heart of political and regulatory power in the US, assisting clients with high-level transactions, litigation, investigations, and public policy issues. In New York, we have approximately 100 lawyers who focus on complex litigation as well as sophisticated mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, financing, and restructuring, reflecting the city’s importance as a financial and business powerhouse.
Our partner ranks feature many lawyers from both major political parties who have served at senior government levels and can provide invaluable insights into political trends, policymaking agendas, and regulatory pitfalls. The many public-service roles previously held by our lawyers include: National Security Advisor to the President; Cabinet Secretary and Senior Advisor to the President; US Secretary of Transportation; White House Counsel; Deputy Secretary, US Department of Commerce; Director, US Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Competition; Acting Solicitor General and Deputy Assistant Attorney General, US Justice Department; and Solicitor of Labor, US Department of Labor.
- In 2014, O’Melveny earned its highest ranking ever on The American Lawyer's A-List, finishing second among the 20 most “well-rounded” law firms in the combined areas of financial performance, pro bono, diversity, and associate satisfaction.
- Our achievements have been continually recognized by The American Lawyer in its "Litigation Department of the Year" contest. In addition to winning the highly coveted award in 2004, O'Melveny received honorable mention or was chosen among the finalists in 2002, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2014, making us one of only two law firms that have been named a winner, finalist, or honorable mention each year the competition has been held.
- O'Melveny was ranked among the most innovative US law firms, according to a 2013 Financial Times report.
- Our practices and lawyers are consistently recognized in the prestigious Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide. In the 2014 edition, 60 O'Melveny lawyers and 34 practice areas were recognized.
- In the 2014 edition of The Legal 500: United States, O’Melveny is ranked in 27 practice areas and 69 O’Melveny lawyers are recognized, with 10 named “Leading Lawyers.”
O’Melveny consistently ranks in the top 10 in the United States league table rankings published by Bloomberg, Mergerstat, Mergermarket, and Thomson Reuters.
O'Melveny a "go-to law firm" for Fortune 500 companies, according to Corporate Counsel magazine’s survey for 2014.
For three years, The National Law Journal has included O’Melveny on the Appellate Hot List, in recognition of our success handling "some of the most important cases on the high court’s docket."
The Daily Journal recognizes three O'Melveny partners as "Top Women Lawyers” in California for 2014.
Five O'Melveny lawyers were named to The Hollywood Reporter’s 2014 Power Lawyers List.
O’Melveny was described as “the ‘go-to’ law firm for financial services companies” by American Lawyer Media.
O'Melveny was chosen as one of the nation's top pro bono law firms for four straight years by Law360.
TRI Pointe Homes, Inc.
Renewable Energy Projects
Humana Inc. and WellPoint, Inc.