Opportunities and Unique Resources
- Learn from partners who are recognized industry leaders
- Hone your business development skills and create pitches
- Have an idea? Share it and watch it grow
- Join more than one practice/industry group
- Benefit from state-of-the-art Practice Management, Knowledge Management, Technology, and Pulitzer-Prize Winning writing assistance
- Join the Associate and Counsel Advisory Committee and represent the views and needs of Associate and Counsel to leadership
Tools To Build and Customize Careers
- Attend off-site industry and practice retreats at critical career junctures
- Pick your own coaches, mentors, and sponsors
- Access exceptional CLE, O’Melveny University training, and professional development programs keyed to levels, roles, and practice areas
- Plan an annual career consultation with the partner of your choice
- Confidentially explore career ideas with an O’Melveny Career Development Advisor
- Customize your work life including remote work, reduced schedules, and sabbaticals
- Clerk, apply for a secondment, go to government, and return!
- Track your development using Core Competencies and Practice Group Skill Ladders
- Leverage feedback from the annual performance review process
- Give bi-annual, confidential feedback to counsel and partners about what you expect from them
- Enjoy the transparent communication provided by leaders who speak candidly each year about the state of the firm, career growth and options, and other relevant topics
Welcome to the Family!
New and existing partners come together to bond on a personal level at the annual New Partner’s Retreat.
CLE Can Be Fun
Our “CLE Marathons,” which bring clients and O'Melveny lawyers together to get all their needed CLE credits in a one-stop shop, are just one of the ways we nurture our relationships.
Celebrating Strong, Powerful Women
Our Women’s Leadership Academy is a summit designed to empower the next generation of female leaders.