How will you choose the law firm where you begin your career? Its international presence? The reputation of its lawyers? The quality of its work? The training it provides?
At O’Melveny, we provide opportunities for the best and brightest lawyers to do the most sophisticated and exciting legal work available. They will work alongside some of the most seasoned leaders in the industry including former in-house lawyers at prestigious investment banks, private equity firms, Fortune500 corporations, various high-level US government posts, among others. From private equity transactions to cross-border litigation, from high profile securities offerings to complex large scale mergers and acquisitions or restructurings, our practice spans the globe and, at the same time, helps our local communities.
We have one of the most innovative talent development program of the international law firms and are committed to providing interns and trainees with a realistic experience of what it’s like to practice law. After working with the firm's partners on serious assignments for real clients, you will appreciate that being a lawyer is hard work, but we anticipate you will also discover it is one of the most rewarding careers you can choose.Vacancies:
- Summer Interns: 5 to 6
- Trainee Solicitors: 2 to 3
- Summer Placement 2017: January 15, 2017; applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until all vacancies are filled
- Training Contract 2019: Applications via internship program; applications close when vacancies are filled
- To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and a copy of your academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beijing and Shanghai
- Resumes may be submitted to email@example.com.
An Award-Winning Workplace
- Named to the "A-List " for 7th Consecutive Year - The American Lawyer
- Best Law Firms to Work For (#1), Best Summer Program (#1), Best Firms for Overall Diversity (#3) - Vault
- 2018 Litigation Matter of the Year - Global Competition Review
- Most Innovative North American Law Firms - Financial Times
- Named a "Star" in most recent Litigation Department of the Year contest - The American Lawyer
- Leading Firm - Chambers USA, UK, Europe, and Asia-Pacific
- Best International Firm for Women in Business Law, Best International Mentoring Program - Euromoney Legal Media Group
- Leader in Client Relationships - BTI Consulting Group
- 50 Tier 1 Practice Rankings - Best Lawyers / US News Best Law Firms
- Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality - Human Rights Campaign
- "Outstanding" and "Highly Recommended" - GCR 100
- Best Law Firms for Women - Working Mother / Flex-Time Lawyers
- "A Fierce Player" / Three Practice Groups of the Year - Law360
- Best Workplaces for Millennials - Fortune
- Top Corporate Philanthropists - The Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington Business Journals
- Gold Standard Certification - Women in Law Empowerment Forum