How will you choose the law firm where you begin your career? Its international presence? The reputation of its lawyers? The quality of its work? The training it provides?
At O’Melveny, we provide opportunities for the best and brightest lawyers to do the most sophisticated and exciting legal work available. They will work alongside some of the most seasoned leaders in the industry including former in-house lawyers at prestigious investment banks, private equity firms, Fortune500 corporations, various high-level US government posts, among others. From private equity transactions to cross-border litigation, from high profile securities offerings to complex large scale mergers and acquisitions or restructurings, our practice spans the globe and, at the same time, helps our local communities.
We have one of the most innovative talent development program of the international law firms and are committed to providing interns and trainees with a realistic experience of what it’s like to practice law. After working with the firm's partners on serious assignments for real clients, you will appreciate that being a lawyer is hard work, but we anticipate you will also discover it is one of the most rewarding careers you can choose.Vacancies:
- Summer Interns: 5 to 6
- Trainee Solicitors: 2 to 3
- Summer Placement 2017: January 15, 2017; applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until all vacancies are filled
- Training Contract 2019: Applications via internship program; applications close when vacancies are filled
- To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and a copy of your academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beijing and Shanghai
- Resumes may be submitted to email@example.com.
An Award-Winning Workplace
- The "A-List " for 5th Consecutive Year - The American Lawyer
- Litigation Powerhouse - Law360
- Best Firms to Work For (#3), Best Summer Programs (#2), Best Firms for Diversity (#3) - Vault
- Most Innovative North American Law Firms - Financial Times
- Litigation Department of the Year Finalist - The American Lawyer
- Pro Bono All Stars - Law360
- Four Practices Practice Group of the Year - Law360
- Best Workplaces for Millennials - Fortune
- America's Best Corporate Law Firms - NYSE Governance Services / FTI Consulting
- Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality - Human Rights Campaign
- A Certified Great Workplace - Great Place to Work®
- Best Law Firms for Women - Working Mother / Flex-Time Lawyers
- California Powerhouse - Law360
- Top Family Friendly Firms - Yale Law Women
- Leading Firm - Chambers USA, UK, Europe, and Asia-Pacific
- Best Firm for Women in Business Law, Best Mentoring Program - Euromoney
- Litigation Department of the Year: Entertainment - The Recorder