How will you choose the law firm where you begin your career? Its international presence? The reputation of its lawyers? The quality of its work? The training it provides?
At O’Melveny, we provide opportunities for the best and brightest lawyers to do the most sophisticated and exciting legal work available. They will work alongside some of the most seasoned leaders in the industry including former in-house lawyers at prestigious investment banks, private equity firms, Fortune500 corporations, various high-level US government posts, among others. From private equity transactions to cross-border litigation, from high profile securities offerings to complex large scale mergers and acquisitions or restructurings, our practice spans the globe and, at the same time, helps our local communities.
We have one of the most innovative talent development program of the international law firms and are committed to providing interns and trainees with a realistic experience of what it’s like to practice law. After working with the firm's partners on serious assignments for real clients, you will appreciate that being a lawyer is hard work, but we anticipate you will also discover it is one of the most rewarding careers you can choose.Vacancies:
- Summer Interns: 5 to 6
- Trainee Solicitors: 2 to 3
- Summer Placement 2017: January 15, 2017; applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until all vacancies are filled
- Training Contract 2019: Applications via internship program; applications close when vacancies are filled
- To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and a copy of your academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beijing and Shanghai
- Resumes may be submitted to email@example.com.
An Award-Winning Workplace
At O'Melveny, we are committed to uncompromising excellence in everything we do. Here are just some of the recent accolades we have received from the global community:
- #1 Best Firm to Work For - Vault
- #1 Best Summer Program - Vault
- A-List - The American Lawyer
- A Certified Great Workplace - Great Place to Work®
- Best Law Firms for Women - Working Mother / Flex-Time Lawyers
- Top Family Friendly Firms - Yale Law Women
- A Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality - Human Rights Campaign
- Litigation Department of the Year Finalist - The American Lawyer
- Pro Bono All Stars - Law360
- Innovation Award - Legal Week
- Litigation Powerhouse - Law360
- Practice Groups of the Year - Health Care and Bankruptcy - Law360
- America's Best Corporate Law Firms - NYSE Governance Services / FTI Consulting
- California Powerhouse - Law360
- Litigation Department of the Year: Entertainment - The Recorder
- Leading Firm - Chambers USA, UK, Europe, and Asia-Pacific
- Best International Firm for Women in Business Law - Euromoney Legal Media Group
- Best Gender Diversity Initiative by an International Firm - Euromoney Legal Media Group
- Best International Firm for Work-Life Balance - Euromoney Legal Media Group