A flurry of deals to close 2017 with an active pipeline to start 2018
O’Melveny’s corporate team ushered in a flurry of deals by the close of 2017, confirming our place among the most active firms in Mergermarket’s and Bloomberg’s year-end league tables. Our achievements for clients in the fourth quarter of 2017 span different sectors and regions and include:
- Raising billions of dollars in capital for companies such as Air Lease Corp., AvalonBay Communities, BB&T Corporation, Hyundai Capital America, Triton International, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp., and Norwegian Cruise Line.
- Advising North American cabinet maker RSI on its US$1.075 billion merger with kitchen cabinet and vanity manufacturer American Woodmark.
- Representing TTM Technologies in its US$775 million acquisition of radar components maker Anaren Inc. from private equity firm Veritas Capital.
- Negotiating on behalf of Sarasota County, Florida’s West Villages Improvement District an agreement to develop a US$100 million spring training facility for Major League Baseball’s Atlanta Braves.
- Serving as underwriters’ counsel for the HK$315 million IPO and Hong Kong Main Board listing of Chinese online game publisher Digital Hollywood Interactive Limited.
- Advising semiconductor developer Microsemi on its acquisition of Vectron International’s high-performance timing business.
- Counseling film production company Good Universe on its sale to Lionsgate.
Our goal, as noted in the IFLR1000 (2017) referral guide, is to “go well beyond negotiating and structuring deals to add tangible business value.” We recently secured, for example, an industry-shaping order from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission that will lighten the regulatory burden on renewable energy project sponsors and their equity investors, a major win for firm clients investing in that sector.
We also continue to expand our pro bono collaborations. Our recent work included representing the Rainforest Alliance in a merger with Dutch NGO coffee and cocoa certifier UTZ to create the world’s largest conservation organization dedicated to the certification of sustainably sourced forestry and agricultural products around the globe; the new organization will have more than 500 employees in 78 countries.
We start the new year with a thriving pipeline of deals and more good news to come. Stay tuned.