O’Melveny Awarded Gold Standard Certification by Women in Law Empowerment ForumJune 08, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Los Angeles—June 8, 2017—O’Melveny has been awarded the Gold Standard Certification by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF).
WILEF grants Gold Standard status to major firms that meet objective criteria relating to the number of women among equity partners, in firm leadership positions, and in the ranks of their most highly compensated partners.
“WILEF honors law firms whose advancement of women stands out,” said Elizabeth “Betiayn” Tursi, WILEF’s global chair.
O’Melveny received certification for meeting the following criteria:
- 20 percent of US equity partners or, alternatively, one-third of attorneys who became US equity partners within the previous 12 months, are women
- 15 percent of the heads of the firm and its US branch office heads combined are women
- 20 percent of the members of the firm’s primary governance committee are women
- 20 percent of the members of the committee that determines equity partner compensation are women
- 7 percent of US women equity partners are women of color and/or 3.5 percent of them are LGBT
All certified firms will be named on the WILEF website and will receive a 2017 Gold Standard Certification seal for use in their communication material.
“We are very proud to receive this certification as an acknowledgement of our efforts to further the careers of our women attorneys,” said Mary Ellen Connerty, O’Melveny’s director of Diversity and Engagement. “This recognition is not an end game for O’Melveny. The continued success of our women and all our diverse talent remains a top priority.”
O’Melveny’s clients shape markets, set precedents, and break boundaries. They are stalwarts and innovators, the names you trust and the next big thing. And for more than a century, O’Melveny has been right beside them, kicking down walls and putting up defenses to help our clients achieve their most important goals. With approximately 700 lawyers in 15 offices worldwide guided by the principles of excellence, leadership, and citizenship, we uphold a tradition of treating our clients’ challenges and opportunities as our own. What do you want to achieve? For the answers, please visit www.omm.com.