O’Melveny Launches Coronavirus Task Force Led by Partner Lisa Monaco, Former Homeland Security Advisor and Member of Former Vice President Biden’s Public Health Advisory CommitteeMarch 13, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WASHINGTON, DC—March 13, 2020—Lisa O. Monaco, O’Melveny partner and former Homeland Security Advisor to President Obama, has been named to former Vice President Biden’s Public Health Advisory Committee, which has been charged with providing science-based, expert advice to reduce the threat of the novel coronavirus.
At the same time, O’Melveny is launching its own multi-disciplinary Coronavirus Task Force under Monaco’s leadership. The new task force leverages the firm’s broad experience and extensive roster of high-ranking, battle-tested legal, business, and policy advisors to help clients facing unprecedented disruptions and legal questions associated with the coronavirus outbreak in the United States and around the world. As O’Melveny’s Task Force leader, Monaco will draw on her experience helping to lead the Obama Administration’s response to the Ebola crisis in 2014.
The new task force is composed of leading lawyers from a range of disciplines across O’Melveny:
- Litigation: Our Litigation Department was recently named “Litigation Department of the Year” in both Washington, DC, and California, and Runner-Up nationally by American Lawyer Media;
- Health Care, which helps hospitals, managed-care organizations, and other entities anticipate and resolve their most challenging legal issues;
- Labor & Employment, which advises employers on federal and state requirements and workplace obligations;
- Crisis Management, which counsels clients on legal issues related to high-profile, public controversies;
- Restructuring, which counsels clients on dealing with the economic impacts of the crisis on their business operations and works with companies, boards of directors and investors to develop business solutions and mitigate those impacts;
- Data Security & Privacy, which helps clients address evolving regulations and practices around data collection, use, and protection;
- Corporate Governance, which provides practical, boardroom-level counseling to public and private companies.
O’Melveny is uniquely positioned to help clients prepare for large-scale disruptions. The firm has deep experience managing crises and an acclaimed team that includes former high-ranking national security officials. With the wide-ranging multi-disciplinary resources of a global firm, O’Melveny stands ready to guide clients as they confront the unprecedented challenges to come.
It’s more than what you do: it’s how you do it. Across sectors and borders, in board rooms and courtrooms, we measure our success by yours. And in our interactions, we commit to making your O’Melveny experience as satisfying as the outcomes we help you achieve. Our greatest accomplishment is ensuring that you never have to choose between premier lawyering and exceptional service. So, tell us. What do you want to achieve? Visit us at omm.com.
O’Melveny & Myers LLP
+1 212 326 2218