Our successes on behalf of clients regularly garner praise from top legal publications. Our recent recognitions are a testament to the exceptional dedication, preparation, and creativity we bring to every endeavor for our clients, all set within a firm culture that attracts the best lawyers and offers them abundant opportunities to showcase their talents.
The American Lawyer
- 11 consecutive years on the A-List—a measure of the “best of the best” law firms.
- 2022 Dealmakers of the Year. Honored for representing Puerto Rico in the largest municipal restructuring in US history, with a government official noting: “We provided the political will. They provided the legal expertise.”
- National Litigation Department of the Year. One of only three firms named a winner, finalist, or honorable mention recipient every year in the publication’s 20-year history of honoring market-leading litigation departments.
- “A top law firm for quality of life year after year”
The National Law Journal
- Washington, DC Litigation Department of the Year
- Appellate Hot List
- Practice Group of the Year Recognitions for Insurance, Bankruptcy, and Product Liability
Asian Legal Business
- International Deal Team of the Year
Global Investigations Review
- Named to the 2022 “GIR 100” list, recognizing the top 100 firms for investigations worldwide.
Chambers & Partners
- In its 2022 edition, Chambers USA recognized O’Melveny as a leading law firm in 41 practice areas and ranked the firm in Band 1 in: Corporate Crime & Investigations: Highly Regarded – Nationwide; ERISA Litigation – Nationwide; General Commercial Litigation: Highly Regarded – New York; White Collar Crime & Government Investigations: Highly Regarded – New York; and Energy: State Regulatory & Litigation (Electricity) - Texas.
- For the sixth consecutive year, Chambers Global recognized O’Melveny’s Corporate/M&A practice for its leadership in the important China market with a Band 1 “highly regarded” ranking. Chambers also highlighted the strength of 10 other O’Melveny practices around the world, including in the areas of antitrust, capital markets, international trade, restructuring, and dispute resolution.
- The 2023 editions of Chambers Asia-Pacific and Chambers Greater China Region recognize O’Melveny as a top international firm in:
- The Asia-Pacific Region for Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- The Greater China Region for Capital Markets: Equity; Corporate/M&A: Highly Regarded; Dispute Resolution: Litigation; Insurance: Contentious; and Private Equity: Buyouts & Venture Capital Investment; and
- Japan for Dispute Resolution: Domestic
- O’Melveny was named among the top law firms serving financial technology companies in the Chambers USA FinTech Legal 2023 rankings. This marked the fifth consecutive year the firm was included in the guide and the third year in a row the firm was recognized in the Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies category.