pro bono: AWARDS & HONORS
Select Recent Awards and Rankings
- For six consecutive years, O’Melveny has been selected to The American Lawyer’s “A-List,” which recognizes well-rounded firms and heavily weighs pro bono commitment.
- O’Melveny was named among Law360’s “Pro Bono Firms of the Year,” for six consecutive years, and was chosen as one of the publication’s inaugural “Pro Bono All Stars” for “exceptionally stalwart commitment to pro bono work.”
- The firm was honored with the American Bar Association’s “Pro Bono Publico Award” as part of The Justice Index Team, which spearheaded the creation of an online resource that uses analytics and research to promote access to justice.
- O’Melveny was honored by Brooklyn Defender Services with a “Partners in Justice Award” in recognition of its pro bono work with residents of Brooklyn in cases ranging from criminal defense to immigration.
- The Legal Aid Society of Orange County recognized O’Melveny with an “Outstanding Community Service Award” for its work with the Elder Abuse Clinic at the Orange County Superior Court’s Central Justice Center.
- O’Melveny was honored by Child Justice with its “Community Partnership - Pro Bono Legal Services Award,” for its pro bono work providing legal services and advocacy for children’s rights.
- The firm received the National Legal Aid & Defender Association's “Beacon of Justice Award,” honoring law firms that have created and implemented innovative strategies to improve life outcomes for those unable to afford counsel.
- The firm was honored by the Weingart Center for the Homeless with a “Public Service Award” for devoting eight decades of public service to the Los Angeles community.
- O’Melveny received the “Exceptional Service Award” from the American Bar Association Death Penalty Representation Project.
- O’Melveny’s managing counsel for pro bono and public interest services David Lash received the “UCLA School of Law Alumni of the Year Award” for his dedication to public and community service.
- Lash was named one of the “500 Leading Lawyers in America” by Lawdragon for his pro bono work.
- The New York Law Journal honored O’Melveny pro bono counsel Jerri Shick among its “Lawyers Who Lead by Example” for her work assisting Holocaust survivors applying for reparations, providing disaster relief to earthquake victims in Haiti, and helping New Yorkers recover from Hurricane Sandy.
- The Lawyers Alliance for New York honored O’Melveny associate Todd Arena with a “Cornerstone Award” for his outstanding contribution of pro bono legal services to nonprofit organizations.