Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Aram Afsharian is a staff attorney in O’Melveny’s Los Angeles Office and a member of the Health Care Practice within the Litigation Department. Aram’s practice focuses on litigating and investigating risk adjustment matters for Medicare Advantage plans under the Affordable Care Act. Prior to his work in health care, Aram worked within the Intellectual Property and Technology practice where he litigated various patent and trademark matters.
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., History, 2007
- Defending a national Medicare Advantage organization in False Claims Act civil litigation in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a company in a patent infringement action against Amazon concerning a portfolio of patents related to e-commerce.
- Defended a national footwear company in multiple matters involving patent and trademark infringement actions.
- Defended an international monitor and television manufacturer in multiple patent infringement actions concerning digital television technology.
- Represented a charitable institute in a breach of contract litigation.
- Represented clients in a high profile paternity investigation and related litigation proceedings.