Caroline K. Katz
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Caroline Katz is a litigation associate in O’Melveny’s San Francisco office. She is experienced in conducting sensitive workplace investigations for clients in the colleges and universities, sports, entertainment and media, nonprofit, and pharmaceutical sectors. Caroline counsels healthcare and financial services clients through investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil and Criminal Divisions and the Securities Exchange Commission. She also maintains a robust pro bono practice representing clients in post-conviction relief and immigration-related matters.
Caroline is a member of the Associate & Counsel Advisory Committee, the San Francisco Summer Committee, and the Living Well Committee.
- George Washington University, J.D.
- Colgate University, B.A., History and Political Science: magna cum laude
- US Attorney’s Office, District of New Jersey
- Represented a private university in connection with a high-profile investigation into its basketball program.
- Represented a professional basketball team in connection with a high-profile investigation into allegations of misconduct.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a national managed-care organization related to compliance with Medicare Advantage regulations and the federal Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Conducted a neutral investigation on behalf of a global entertainment company related to allegations of workplace discrimination and harassment.
- Represented a financial services client in connection with investigations by the SEC and DOJ.