Carolyn S. Wall
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Carolyn S. Wall is an intellectual property litigator specializing in ANDA/Hatch-Waxman and other patent litigation. Carolyn is also registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Her clients include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, financial institutions, and other companies with deep R&D investments.
Carolyn’s background is in molecular biology. She has many years of research experience in both academic and institutional settings, directed to antibody engineering, stem cell biology, and cell signaling. Carolyn’s extensive technical experience allows her to understand the complexities and demands associated with her clients’ research and development projects, and to truly appreciate the value of their intellectual property.
In addition to her commercial work, Carolyn provides pro bono services to various clients, including criminal appeals and copyright and trademark matters.
- New Jersey
- New York
- US District Court, District of New Jersey and Southern District of New York
Registered to Practice
- US Patent & Trademark Office
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, M.S., Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A., Molecular and Cell Biology
- Honorable Roslynn Mauskopf, US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Co-Author, “AI and Life Sciences Patents: Separating Myth From Reality,” New York Law Journal (March 20, 2020)
- ANDA litigation in the District of Delaware related to a first-line HIV drug and a large pharmaceutical company
- Antitrust litigation in the District of New Jersey concerning an important treatment for vasodilatory shock
- ANDA litigation in the District of Delaware involving an innovative cancer drug and a large biotechnology company
- ANDA litigation in the District of New Jersey and related IPR proceedings, involving an international pharmaceutical company and an important cancer drug
- Software patent infringement litigation in the District of New Jersey for a large financial institution
- Trade secrets, copyright, commercial tort, and patent litigation in the Southern District of New York and Northern District of California for a technology company with deep R&D investments