Eric J. Andalman
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Eric Andalman is an experienced advisor with a focus on the development and financing of sports and entertainment venues and other major construction and development projects. Eric regularly counsels and drafts agreements for sports and entertainment industry clients on a wide variety of topics, including venue development, sponsorship, naming rights, technology development, retail, food & beverage, project leases, franchise agreements, licenses, and event operations.
In addition to his work in sports and entertainment, Eric has advised on, negotiated, and drafted construction, design, engineering development, and other definitive agreements for energy, agricultural, semiconductor, transportation, education, and public assembly clients. Eric’s recent construction experience includes:
- Advising a major domestic liquefied natural gas (LNG) company on construction, project management, and schedule issues relating to the development of LNG facilities in Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and the Bahamas
- Assisting a clean and alternative energy company in negotiating an Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) agreement for the development of a solar energy project
- Negotiating a design-build agreement and lease and licensing agreements for a cold storage facility in central California
- Advise and negotiate a power purchase agreement for the development of a new fabrication facility for a semiconductor client
- Counseling a semiconductor manufacturer on real estate, lease, equipment procurement, and construction issues for a new semiconductor fabrication facility
- Advising a major commuter railway company on the construction and development of stations and other vertical construction in Florida, California, and Nevada
- Advising a major state university on construction issues relating to the development of behavioral science and research facilities
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Eric was Senior Vice President and General Counsel at CAA ICON, a division of CAA Sports and an industry-leading owner's representative, project management, and strategic management consulting firm for public/private sports, entertainment, and public assembly facility owners and operators, professional teams, and leagues. Eric has negotiated, drafted, and advised on architectural, construction, and consultancy agreements for $10+ billion in new construction and renovations of NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, UEFA, and NCAA venues and ancillary developments, including more than two dozen arenas, stadiums, and training centers. Eric also regularly counseled sports and entertainment clients on issues relating to the procurement, design, development, and construction of venue projects as well as issues relating to real estate, financing, and use of facilities. While at CAA ICON, Eric served on the company’s Executive Committee, where he advised the company on material legal issues and helped develop business strategies. Eric also served as an executive sponsor of the company’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) committee, and regularly advised and helped establish and implement DEI initiatives.
- Recommended by The Legal 500 US for Sport (2022)
- District of Columbia
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2008: cum laude; Executive Editor, Washington University Law Review
- Emory University, B.A., Philosophy and Political Science, 2005: summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa