Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Eric Ormsby is a litigation associate in O’Melveny’s San Francisco office. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and class actions brought under unfair competition, false advertising, and consumer protection statutes. He has considerable experience litigating in state and federal courts across the country at all stages of litigation. His clients include companies across a wide array of industries, including automotive manufacturers, technology, home construction, and financial services. In addition, Eric maintains an active pro bono practice, including successfully representing individuals seeking asylum and other immigration relief and drafting an amicus brief filed with the Supreme Court of the United States.
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- Columbia University, J.D.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., History
- Honorable John L. Kane, US District Court, District of Colorado
Representative Class Action Experience
- Representing a major American automobile manufacturer in several multi-million member class-action lawsuits brought under California’s Unfair Competition Law and other consumer protection laws, including one class action that settled shortly before trial.
- Representing an emerging transportation technology company in a nationwide class action alleging breach of contract and violations of state consumer protection statutes.
- Representing a major national home construction and real estate company in several class action lawsuits brought under California’s False Advertising Law and other consumer protection statutes related to the residential and commercial development of a former military base in San Francisco.
- Representing a leading technology company in California consumer fraud class action related to disclosure practices for ticket sales.
Representative Commercial Litigation Experience
- Representing a financial services company in numerous different matters, including class and non-class actions involving merchant and processor data-security breaches and enforcement of risk-management programs, as well as other pre-litigation disputes and litigation involving member banks, merchants, and processors.
- Representing a leading technology company in a fraud claim brought by a competing patent holder.
- Representing an engineering and scientific consulting firm in a personal injury lawsuit related to the alleged health effects of the active chemical component in a popular household herbicide.
- Representing a leading open-source technology expert in a defamation suit brought by a software licensing corporation.
Representative Pro Bono Experience
- Representing a transgender Thai woman seeking withholding of removal based on past domestic abuse and fear of discrimination.
- Representing a family of Nicaraguan asylum seekers fleeing severe political violence and repression in their home country.
- Representing the Mexican spouse of an American citizen to obtain lawful permanent resident status under the Violence Against Women Act.
- Researching and drafting an amicus brief filed on behalf of former United States Senators and Congressional Representatives in a Supreme Court case relating to criminal law and immigration.