Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
James Yang is an intellectual property litigator focused on representing technology clients in patent litigation. His experience includes representing clients in the computer hardware, software, cellular network, electronics, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries in US District Courts and in the US International Trade Commission.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude; Articles Editor, Harvard Journal of Law and Technology
- McMaster University, B.S., Biochemistry
- Represented two leading consumer electronics companies in patent infringement cases relating to cellular network technology; drafted winning Federal Circuit brief and second-chaired oral argument
- Defended robotic medical device makers in a USITC section 337 investigation involving laparoscopic surgical instruments; drafted winning non-infringement summary determination motion that led to unilateral withdrawal of an asserted patent
- Represented medical equipment manufacturers against patent infringement claims accusing various surgical devices; second-chaired and prepared outlines for over 10 depositions (both offensive and defensive), including expert witness depositions
- For multiple district court and USITC cases, oversaw multi-pronged discovery efforts, including drafting and serving requests and responses, document collection, review, and production, as well as preparation of claim charts, hearing demonstratives, witness statements, and expert reports