Matthew Erramouspe is co-chair of O’Melveny’s Entertainment, Sports and Media transactional practice. He is a dealmaker and trusted advisor who counsels clients in all business and legal aspects related to the financing, acquisition, production, distribution and other exploitation of content and live events. His practice focuses on structuring strategic investment, financing, and co-financing arrangements, negotiating strategic production and distribution arrangements, and advising on strategic acquisitions and sales of entertainment and media companies and assets, both in the United States and abroad. Matthew is at the forefront of the increased cooperation between the US and China in the entertainment and media sectors, and guides clients through the complexities of cross-border licensing, financing, production and distribution deals.
Matthew brings a commercial, practical, and common-sense approach to deal-making, and is recognized as a top dealmaker in the entertainment industry by leading publications such as The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Chambers USA, and Legal 500. He frequently speaks at conferences on topical issues affecting the entertainment industry.
Honors & Awards
- Named a “Power Lawyer” by The Hollywood Reporter (2016-2019)
- Recognized by Chambers USA in Media and Entertainment Transactional Law (2014-2019)
- Named a “Leading Lawyer” by Legal 500 in Media and Entertainment - Media, Technology and Telecoms Law (2017-2019)
- Named a top “Dealmaker” by Variety (2014-2018)
- Selected for inclusion in Variety’s Legal Impact Report (2017-2018)
- Named a top “Dealmaker” by The Hollywood Reporter (2017)
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- University of California at Los Angeles, J.D., 1996: Editor, UCLA Law Review
- University of South Carolina, B.A.S., 1991: magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- “Staking Patent Claims on the Human Blueprint: Rewards and Rent-Dissipating Races,” 43 U.C.L.A. L. REV. 961 (1996)
- Advisory Board for Ziffren Center for Media, Entertainment, Technology and Sports Law at UCLA School of Law
- Panelist, "Bankruptcy: The Reality Show," Institute on Entertainment Law and Business (October 20, 2018)