Shelly Heyduk’s practice focuses on advising public companies on a wide range of securities law and corporate governance matters, including SEC reporting and disclosure under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, shareholder meetings and compliance with the proxy rules, and compliance with NYSE and NASDAQ corporate governance requirements, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, and related regulations. Shelly also has significant experience advising companies with respect to securities offerings under the Securities Act of 1933.
During her career, Shelly spent four years in-house at Western Digital Corporation, where she gained a unique understanding of the challenges facing in-house legal teams and their expectations for best-in-class service from outside counsel.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a "Notable Practitioner" by IFLR1000 in Capital Markets (2019 - 2021)
- University of California at Los Angeles, J.D., 1999: Order of the Coif; Comments Editor, UCLA Law Review
- University of California at San Diego, B.S., 1996, Management Science: magna cum laude; with distinction; Phi Beta Kappa
- Orange County Bar Association
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Society for Corporate Governance
- Panelist, “Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Securities Law but Were Never Given the Chance to Ask…,” Securities Regulation Institute (January 27, 2021)
- Panelist, “Q&A with the SEC and PCAOB,” 18th Annual SEC “Hot Topics" Conference (September 2019)
- “Corporate Governance - A New Era” Panel at the Los Angeles County Bar Association's 51st Annual Securities Regulation Seminar (October 2018)
- “Regulation and Corporate Governance” Panel at the 16th Annual SEC “Hot Topics” Conference, a Legal and Financial Reporting Update for Public Companies (September 2017)
- “Non-GAAP Measures & Recent Developments” Panel at the third annual UCI Audit Committee Summit (October 2016)
- “Regulatory and Governance” Panel at the 15th Annual SEC “Hot Topics” Conference, a Legal and Financial Reporting Update for Public Companies (September 2016)