Paul Scrivano, Head of O’Melveny’s Global Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice, has extensive experience across a broad range of U.S. and cross-border M&A transactions, including mergers, tender and exchange offers, stock and asset acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures. He has advised on more than 100 public company M&A transactions. He also is a veteran of numerous proxy contests and other contested matters and regularly counsels corporate boards and committees in transactional and high-profile corporate governance matters and takeover defense strategies.
Paul is consistently recognized as a leading M&A lawyer by widely referenced legal guides. Paul has received numerous M&A awards as detailed under “Honors & Awards” below. Numerous business and legal media publications, including The Wall Street Journal, The Deal, The New York Times, Law360, Daily Journal, Deal Lawyers, and The Recorder, have quoted Paul or covered transactions he has worked on.
Paul’s engagements have included multibillion-dollar deals in a variety of industries, including technology, health care (pharmaceuticals and biotechnology/life sciences), consumer products, financial services, oil and gas, chemicals (specialty and commodity), energy and telecommunications, among others. He also regularly advises private equity sponsors and investment banks in merger and acquisition transactions.
Honors & Awards
- Received a “California Lawyer of the Year” award from California Lawyer magazine, which annually recognizes attorneys whose work has had a significant impact on the law, an industry or the legal profession (2014)
- Selected by the Daily Journal as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in California (2013)
- Selected by Law360 as a Life Sciences MVP (2012)
- Named a “Super Lawyer” for the New York Metro area in a survey conducted by Law & Politics Media Inc. (2012-2015)
- Named a “Super Lawyer” for Northern California in a survey conducted by Law & Politics Media Inc. (2015)
- Recognized by Legal 500 (2010-2012)
- Named an Americas Top 50 Lawyer in the M&A Atlas Awards (2014)
- Named “California M&A Lawyer of the Year” in the ACQ Global Awards (2015)
- New York University, J.D., 1996: magna cum laude; Order of the Coif
- Cornell University, B.S., 1993