Scott D. Elliott
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Scott Elliott, co-head of the Firm’s Life Sciences Practice, focuses his practice on corporate and transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing transactions and general corporate and securities law issues. He advises clients in various industries including life sciences and technology, and their investors. He has represented software, hardware, medical device and other technology companies in their incorporation to venture funding, growth counseling to sale or IPO.
He has extensive experience advising public and private company clients and financial sponsors on acquisitions, buyouts, going-private transactions, and minority investments as well as public and private securities offerings.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Scott was a partner at another AmLaw 50 firm.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by The Legal 500 US for Healthcare: Life Sciences (2016-2022); and M&A/Corporate and Commercial - Venture Capital and Emerging Companies (2018-2019)
- University of California College of the Law, San Francisco, J.D.: cum laude; Member, Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A.: Economics
- Represented the investors in a PIPE for Mako Surgical Corp.
- Represented the investors in the acquisition of Pivot Medical by Stryker.
- Represented a private equity firm in the purchase of a diagnostics company.
- Represented Montreux Equity Partners in its investments in GC Aesthetics, Glaukos, Epirus, Tobira, SI Bone, Pure Life Renal and numerous other private and public investments.
- Represented the underwriters, including Leerink Partners, BAML and Credit Suisse in various public offerings by Orexigen Therapeutics.
- Represented the investors in the acquisition of ideeli by Groupon.
- Represented various other venture capital and private equity firms, including Bay City Capital and Saints Capital in investments in life science companies.
- Represented Altamont Capital in its acquisition of JD Byrider, a leading used car sales and finance business.
- Represented LCG Wireless, Inc. in its sale to ADC Telecommunications, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADCT).
- Represented ARC International PLC (LSE: ARK) in various acquisitions.