Timothy M. Clark provides legal advice to investors and funds, including hedge, private equity, sovereign wealth, and venture capital funds, as well as pension plans. Drawing on more than 20 years of experience in the investment fund sector, Tim advises clients in connection with fund formations and structuring transactions such as investment adviser mergers and acquisitions, and investments into private funds. He has particular experience with secondary transactions, which includes recently completing a US$1 billion sell-side representation.
Tim helps clients identify opportunities that they might otherwise overlook, regularly bringing potential deals and updates on market trends to their attention. To support his clients’ regulatory compliance efforts, Tim leverages his deep regulatory knowledge—including with respect to the Investment Advisers Act and the Investment Company Act—and works closely with clients to better understand their long-term plans. Tim’s private equity clients include buy-out, infrastructure, real estate, and mezzanine funds. His hedge fund clients include long/short equity funds, global macro funds, risk and convertible arbitrage funds, distressed funds, relative value funds, emerging market funds, fund of funds, pension funds and endowment funds.
Tim is head of the Firm’s US Investment Funds Practice. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America as a leader in Private Funds / Hedge Funds Law and is a CCO University Faculty Professor for the Regulatory Compliance Association
Honors & Awards
- Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law, The Best Lawyers in America
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1991; Articles Editor, Annual Survey of American Law
- Oberlin College, B.A., 1988: with honors
- Managed Funds Association, New York Hedge Funds Roundtable
- Member and CCO University Faculty Professor, Regulatory Compliance Association
- “Form ADV Part 2 Update,” chapter in The US Private Equity Fund Compliance Companion, published by Private Equity International (2012)