Brody to speak on Defense Perspectives on Attorney General Pharmaceutical ClaimsFebruary 24, 2009
O’Melveny partner Steve Brody will speak at an HB Litigation (formerly Mealey's) Teleconference on Defense Perspectives on Attorney General Pharmaceutical Claims on February 24 from 2:00 - 3:40 pm EST. Barry Boise of Pepper Hamilton LLP in Philadelphia will also participate as a speaker in the program, which Brody developed.
The conference will include discussions of the following topics:
- Private attorney-led Attorney General lawsuits as an alternative for plaintiffs lawyers: the Tobacco Model
- Problems with the Tobacco Model's portability in state AG lawsuits targeting second-generation antipsychotics
- Specific challenges to the viability of State AG actions targeting atypical antipsychotics
- FDA approval and regulation
- Use of Atypical Antipsychotics in Psychiatric Practice and Continued Use and Reimbursement by State/Medicaid Plaintiffs
- Causation: complex psychotic disorders, case-by- case physician decision-making and related discovery issues
- Damages: the debate over models for aggregation
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.