Guo to Speak at the 17th Annual New York Conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices ActMay 19-20, 2015
O’Melveny partner Bingna Guo (BJ) will speak at the 17th Annual New York Conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act to be held on May 19-20 in New York. She will be speaking on a panel called, “Balancing FCPA Compliance with European and Asian Data Privacy Restrictions: How to Overcome Data Access Constraints Affecting Compliance Reviews and Investigations.” The discussion will cover topics including:
- Contrasting EU - UK with Germany data privacy laws
- Managing the submission of documents to multiple governments
- Capturing and preserving electronic information
- Handling conflicting data privacy laws
- Overcoming restrictions on transmitting data across borders
- Setting up databases to track ongoing investigations and hotline calls
- The future of harmonized data protection in the EU
For more information or to register, please click here.
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.