Homeland Security Law InstituteSeptember 25, 2017
O’Melveny partner Steve Bunnell will co-chair The American Bar Association’s 12th Annual Homeland Security Law Institute (HSLI), taking place on September 25-27, 2017, at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. This three-day event is one of the largest gatherings of homeland security lawyers and policymakers in the United States. The Institute is an annual look at the state of security from cybersecurity to infrastructure, immigration to oversight and the roles of the Departments of Justice and Homeland Security, the Military, the FBI, the legal profession and many more in keeping the country secure. This year’s program will focus on cybersecurity and the global relationships necessary to facilitate security, privacy, and commerce around the world.
O’Melveny partners Kiran Raj and Danielle Gray and Senior Of Counsel Tom Donilon will serve as panelists. Additional details on the panel discussions set to be featured at HSLI can be found below.
For more information and to register, please visit the ABA’s event page.
FUNDAMENTALS OF CYBERSECURITY LAW & POLICY
- Joshua M. Snavely, Dean & Professor, Langston University, Oklahoma City, OK (Moderator)
- Frank J. Cilluffo, Associate Vice President and Director, Center for Cyber and Homeland Security at George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Kevin Minsky, Associate General Counsel, Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., McLean, VA Jill Rhodes, Vice President & Chief Information Security Officer, Option Care, Chicago, IL
- Daniel Sutherland, Associate General Counsel, National Protection and Programs Directorate, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C.
- Lucy L. Thomson, Founding Principal, Livingston PLLC, Washington, D.C.
- Kiran Raj, Partner, O’Melveny & Myers, and Former Deputy General Counsel for Cybersecurity, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C. (Moderator)
- David Glockner, Regional Director, Chicago Regional Office & Head of Cybersecurity Working Group, U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, Chicago, IL
- Iliana Peters, Senior Advisor for HIPAA Compliance and Enforcement, Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Washington, D.C.
- Hon. Sean Reyes, Attorney General of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT (Moderator)
- Hedda Litwin, Cyber Counsel, National Association of Attorneys General, Washington, D.C.
- Matthew Fitzsimmons, Assistant Attorney General and Chief, Privacy and Data Security Section, Office of the Connecticut Attorney General, Hartford, CT
- Devin Laiho, Senior Assistant Attorney General, Office of the Colorado Attorney General, Denver, CO
- Robert Morgester, Senior Assistant Attorney General and Chief, eCrime Unit, Office of the California Attorney General, Sacramento, CA
- Hon. Stevan E. Bunnell, Partner, O’Melveny & Myers, and Former General Counsel, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C. (Moderator)
- Angeline (Angie) G. Chen, General Counsel, Siemens Government Technologies, Washington, D.C.
- Alisa L. Chestler, Shareholder and Chair of Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity, Baker Donelson, Nashville, TN and Washington, D.C.
- Gus P. Coldebella, Principal, Fish Richardson, former General Counsel (Acting), U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C.
- David R. Fontaine, Chief Executive Officer, Kroll and Corporate Risk Holdings, LLC, Washington, D.C.
- Hon. Shawn Henry, President, Crowdstrike, Former Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Arlington, VA (Moderator)
- Megan L. Brown, Partner, Wiley Rein, LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Eleanor Blume, Special Assistant Attorney General to California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, U.S. Department of Justice, Sacramento, C.A.
- Hon. Danielle C. Gray, Partner, O’Melveny & Myers, Former Assistant to the President and Cabinet Secretary, The White House, Washington, D.C. & New York, NY
- Chris Krebs, Assistant Secretary for Infrastructure Protection, National Protection and Programs Directorate, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C.
- John Reed Stark, John Reed Stark Consulting, Bethesda, MD
- Hon. Suzanne E. Spaulding, Former Undersecretary for the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Washington, D.C. (Moderator)
- Thomas McDermott, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Cyber Policy, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C.
- Paul Rosenzweig, Principal, Red Branch Consulting and Senior Advisor to the Chertoff Group, former Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C.
- Hon. Bruce C. Swartz, Deputy Assistant Attorney General and Counselor for International Affairs, Department of Justice, Washington, D.C.
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.