Johnson to Speak at CEB E-Discovery Seminar8月 7, 2009
O’Melveny counsel Allan Johnson will be speaking at the CEB seminar, “Getting the Most Out of Discovery—Part I & II ” on August 7 in Los Angeles.
This 6-hour seminar offered in two 3-hour segments will bring order and method to one’s pre-trial practice, providing practical and meaningful discovery techniques useful for both new and experienced practitioners.
Part I & II will focus on:
- Discovery planning & organization
- Case assessment: analyze issues, evidence and goals
- Sequencing of discovery
- Planning for pre-trial motions including in limine motions
- Strengths & weaknesses of major discovery devices
- Handling discovery disputes
- Enforcing discovery requests
- Hiring and consulting experts early
- Containing costs
- Informing & advising your client throughout the process
- Your opposition
- Looking for holes in the other sides case & making it a recurring theme in your discovery
- Handling holes in our own case
- Educating your opponent about the strengths in your case
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.