Read to Speak at iGlobal's 2nd Annual Carbon Trading SummitJanuary 13, 2010
O’Melveny partner Charles Read will be speaking at iGlobal’s 2nd Annual Carbon Trading Summit in New York on January 13th, 2010. Read and fellow speakers, Kjell Olav Kristiansen, the Director of Advisory Services for Point Carbon North America, and Trevor Sikorski, the Director of Carbon Markets and Environmental Products Research for Barclays Capital, will be covering “EU ETS: The Road Ahead and Lessons Learned". Topics will include,
- The EU Emissions Trading Scheme in light of the economic recession and international negotiations on climate change
- What has been learned so far from Phase I and II? Practical outlook for drafting Phase III
- The proposed caps for the 3rd Trading Period – Amendments to the European agreement
- Up to date statistics on EU ETS carbon emissions trading volume and the next period’s outlook
- Analysis of the performance prospects of Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Joint Implementation (JI) projects, portfolios and carbon-linked instruments
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.