O’Melveny’s award-winning corporate governance team provides practical, boardroom-level counseling to public and private company clients. We leverage our lawyers’ decades of experience as former senior SEC officials and as members of public company boards of directors to help clients manage legal and reputational risks, ensure compliance, and advance corporate objectives in the boardroom and executive suite.
Our clients rely on us in routine and high-stakes situations alike, including for:
- Public company reporting and disclosure, registration requirements, and generally accepted accounting principles
- Trends and best practices in board and committee composition, succession planning, conflict of interests, and fiduciary duty obligations
- Succession planning for executives and directors
- Executive compensation and employee benefit plans (including Say on Pay planning and implementation), insider transactions, insider trading policies and other 10b5-1 matters
- Shareholder communication, including shareholder proposals
- Contested situations, including activist shareholders, hostile takeovers, unsolicited bids, and takeover planning and defense
- Crisis management, including internal and special investigations, regulatory enforcement proceedings, FCPA and anti-corruption matters, and government investigations
- Alaska Airlines
- CTI BioPharma
- Edwards Lifesciences
- Electronics for Imaging
- Malibu Boats
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings
- Overland Storage
- Walgreen Co.
- Western Digital
- Yahoo! Inc.
Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
“Boasts a strong public company advisory practice, with former senior members of the SEC and a Washington, DC base affording the team a superior level of regulatory access.”
- Chambers USA