Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Noah Kornblith is an award-winning M&A specialist who advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, activist defense, SPAC transactions, and other significant corporate matters.
His practice emphasizes whole-company transactions, where he has represented major public and private companies as well as private equity sponsors and boards of directors in transactions ranging from exits of venture-backed companies valued in the hundreds of millions to multi-billion dollar public company M&A and de-SPAC transactions.
Over the course of his career, Noah has developed especially strong expertise working with clients in the technology, health care, life sciences, and hospitality sectors. He is also well-versed in cross-border transactions, having led significant deals for clients in China, Korea, and Europe.
Noah also advises clients on federal securities laws compliance, corporate governance matters, anti-takeover measures, and venture capital investments.
In 2021, Noah was named to The Deal’s list of Top Rising Stars in M&A and Private Equity, recognizing him as “doing spectacular work in the field of dealmaking,” and “showing an ability to navigate complex dealmaking situations.” He has also been named a Rising Star in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions by Super Lawyers for four consecutive years.
Honors & Awards
- Named a “Top Rising Star” by The Deal (2021)
- Named a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers (2018-2021)
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D.: magna cum laude; Thurston Society; Editor, Hastings International and Comparative Law Review
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, B.A., Political Science
- Honorable Sandra B. Armstrong, US District Court, Northern District of California
- Honorable Curtis E.A. Karnow, Superior Court of California
- Presenter, “End Game: What You Need to Know When Negotiating the Merger Agreement for a Public Company Sale Transaction,” O’Melveny Public Company Boot Camp series (October 2021)
- Dragonfly Energy Corp., an energy provider and battery producer, in its definitive business combination with a Nasdaq-listed SPAC company, which will make it a public company valued at US$500 million
- Blackstone Products in a US$900 million business combination with Ackrell SPAC Partners I Co.
- BB&T Corporation in its US$1.8 billion acquisition of National Penn Bancshares
- Cepton Technologies in its US$1.5 billion merger with the Growth Capital Acquisition Corp. SPAC
- China Kanghui Holdings in its US$816 million acquisition by Medtronic
- Dealertrack Technologies in its US$4 billion acquisition by Cox Automotive
- Dealertrack Technologies in its US$1 billion acquisition of Dealer.com
- DigitalGlobe in its US$3.6 billion acquisition by MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates
- Electronics For Imaging in its US$1.7 billion acquisition by Siris Capital Group
- Exar Corporation in its US$223 million acquisition of Integrated Memory Logic
- Major shareholders of ESS Tech in its US$1.1 billion merger with the ACON S2 Acquisition Corp. SPAC
- Faraday Future in its US$1 billion merger with the Property Solutions Acquisition Corp. SPAC
- Finisar Corporation in its US$3.2 billion acquisition by II-VI
- Glaukos Corporation in its US$500 million acquisition of Avedro
- Lantronix in its acquisition of Maestro & FALCOM
- Lantronix in its US$32 million acquisition of Transition Networks and Net2Edge from Communications Systems
- Mentor Graphics in its US$4.5 billion acquisition by Siemens
- Mercatus in its acquisition by State Street
- Montage Technology Group in its US$693 million acquisition by Shanghai Pudong Science and Technology Investment Co.
- Quantenna Communications in its US$1.07 billion acquisition by ON Semiconductor
- Samsung Electronics in its acquisition of NeuroLogica
- sbe in its US$805 million acquisition of Morgans Hotel Group
- Major shareholders of Shift Technologies in its US$380 million merger with the Insurance Acquisition Corp. SPAC
- Sportsman’s Warehouse in its US$785 million acquisition by Great American Outdoors
- Synaptics in its US$305 million acquisition of DisplayLink Corp.
- Ultratech in its US$815 million acquisition by Veeco Instruments
- Urovant Sciences in its US$681 million acquisition by Sumitovant Biopharma
- ValueAct Capital Management in the sale of its majority interest in Seitel Holdings to Centerbridge Partners
- Vivo Capital in its US$505 million acquisition of Angiotech Pharmaceuticals