in the news
Global Competition Review: GCR Awards 2023: Voting Now Open一月 24, 2023
O’Melveny & Myers LLP has been named a finalist in eight categories of Global Competition Review’s 2023 GCR Awards, which recognize the biggest cases from 2022 as well as the world’s leading antitrust lawyers, economists, enforcers, and law firms.
O’Melveny’s nominations include:
- Matter of the Year – Acquittals in DOJ’s broiler chicken probe
- Matter of the Year – US Airways (American Airlines) v. Sabre
- Litigation of the year – Non-cartel defence: AngioDynamics v. CR Bard
- Litigation of the year – Cartel defence: Persian Gulf v. BP West Coast Products and Richard Bartlett v. BP West Coast Products
- Behavioural matter of the year – Americas: Acquittals in DOJ’s broiler chicken probe
- Merger control matter of the year – Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa: II-VI / Coherent
- Merger control matter of the year – Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa: Korean Air / Asiana Airlines
Partner Michael Tubach was also named a finalist in the category of Litigator of the Year.
The GCR Awards are based on a nomination process followed by a readers’ vote of the cases, law firms, lawyers, economists, and enforcers they believe excelled in 2022. Click here to vote.
The full list of nominations can be read at Global Competition Review. Winners will be announced at GCR’s 13th annual awards ceremony on March 28 in Washington, DC.