Thank you for your interest. Before you communicate with one of our attorneys, please note: Any comments our attorneys share with you are general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship will exist between you or your business and O’Melveny or any of its attorneys unless conflicts have been cleared, our management has given its approval, and an engagement letter has been signed. Meanwhile, you agree: we have no duty to advise you or provide you with legal assistance; you will not divulge any confidences or send any confidential or sensitive information to our attorneys (we are not in a position to keep it confidential and might be required to convey it to our clients); and, you may not use this contact to attempt to disqualify O’Melveny from representing other clients adverse to you or your business. By clicking "accept" you acknowledge receipt and agree to all of the terms of this paragraph and our Disclaimer.
Albert Jou counsels clients on mergers and acquisitions (including upstream and midstream transactions), joint venture and partnerships, and project development. Albert’s experience includes advising private equity sponsors, management teams, portfolio companies, independent operators, oilfield services companies, and foreign national oil companies on a wide-range of acquisition, divestiture, corporate, commercial, and transactional matters.
- The University of Texas Law School, J.D.: Staff Editor, Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy
- University of Tulsa, B.S., Energy Management: Dean’s Honor Roll
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Veritas Energy and Carnelian Energy Capital Management in the sale of Permian Basin assets to Northern Oil and Gas for US$406.5 million
- Bruin Purchaser LLC in the US$465 million sale of its wholly owned subsidiary, Bruin E&P Holdco, LLC, to Enerplus Resources (USA)
- BCE-Mach LLC, a partnership between Bayou City Energy Management LLC and Mach Resources, in the acquisition of producing oil and gas properties located in Barber and Harper Counties, Kansas
- Newpek LLC in its sale, along with joint venture partner Pioneer Natural Resources Co., of upstream oil and gas assets located in the Sinor Nest Field (Lower Wilcox) in Live Oak County in South Texas
- BP America Production Company in its US$10.5 billion acquisition of most of BHP’s onshore US oil and natural gas assets, including in the Permian and Eagle Ford basins
- A US-based privately owned oil and gas company in an acquisition valued over US$250 million structured as a sale of membership interests, resulting in the indirect transfer of upstream assets in the Oklahoma STACK play
- Haddington Ventures in the sale of IACX Energy, a gas gathering and helium extraction and marketing business, to Alder Midstream, an affiliate of the Glenfarne Group
- Various domestic E&P companies and private equity portfolio companies, including a mid-cap and a large-cap public company, in most aspects of the upstream business, including acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, farmouts, and oil and gas leasing
Joint Ventures and Private Equity Investments
- Represented Colony Capital in its joint venture between Colony HB2 Energy and California Resources Corporation to fund up to US$500 million for the development of CRC’s flagship Elk Hills field, located in the San Joaquin Basin
- SG Energy, a US energy company and a fully owned subsidiary of Supergas Energy, an Israeli energy company traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange, in its investment in Balanced Rock Power, a Utah-based company that develops, invests in, and sells renewable energy projects throughout North America.
- Representation of HEP Liquids LP, a vehicle managed by Haddington Ventures, LLC, and Magnum Development, LLC, in an investment into a joint venture with NGL Energy Partners LP called Sawtooth NGL Caverns.
- Represented Colony Capital in its joint venture with HB2 Energy to form Colony HB2 Energy, an energy-focused investment management platform
- The management team of a private equity portfolio company in connection with a corporate reorganization and the sale of developed and undeveloped oil and gas assets