Ben Logan focuses his practice on chapter 11 reorganizations and out-of-court workouts, representing major creditors and business debtors.
Ben is recognized by Chambers USA as one of the leading insolvency/corporate recovery lawyers in California, has consistently been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America since 1995 (and was named the Best Lawyers 2016 Litigation - Bankruptcy “Lawyer of the Year” in Los Angeles), and he is listed in the Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides as a leading insolvency and restructuring lawyer. Chambers reports that Ben is “extremely talented” and “a seasoned and highly respected authority in the bankruptcy field,” “takes an extremely practical approach,” and that he is “highly engaging and communicative, which makes him superb when it comes to highly fraught multiparty situations where building consensus is a must. He can also take on an army of attorneys alone and win.”
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® 2021 for Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency & Reorganization Law and Litigation - Bankruptcy in Los Angeles, CA; Ben has been listed in Best Lawyers® since 1995.
- Named the Best Lawyers 2016 Litigation - Bankruptcy “Lawyer of the Year” in Los Angeles
- Ranked by Chambers (USA) consistently since 2003 as a leading insolvency lawyer
- “Southern California Super Lawyer” as selected by Los Angeles Magazine since the inception of such rankings
- District of Columbia
- Stanford University, J.D., 1976: Note Editor, Law Review, 1974-76
- Duke University, B.A., 1973: magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- American College of Bankruptcy
- Lecturer, University of Washington, School of Law, Negotiations (Law B523), Spring Quarter 2017
- Lecturer, University of California at Los Angeles, School of Law, Business Bankruptcy (Law 248), Fall Quarter 2015
- Lecturer, University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Bankruptcy (Law 256.6F), Spring Semester 2014
- Financial Lawyers Conference, President (2014-2015); Vice President (2013-2014); Secretary (2012 - 2013); Board of Governors (2009-present)
- Lawyer Representative on the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference (term: 2012 - 2016)
- Debtor/Creditor Relations Committee of the State Bar of California (1986-1991)
Author and Speaker
- Frequent speaker and author including recent presentations on derivatives in bankruptcy, fiduciary duties, portfolio company restructurings, prepayment premiums, repurchase agreements, and debt subordination.